Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:29PM DevilSei said

Well... when it comes to best trailer... you can't really argue with a trailer sporting a badass from the same race of badasses as Darth Maul, triple-wielding lightsabers like he did...

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:21PM Doomtrain24 said

• Half a heart
@DevilSei triple-wielding really? do you even know what this means?
He was dual-wielding, dual lightsaber IN ONE HAND and normal one hand lightsaber in the other. Triple-wilding is only possible if you have 3 arm and you have something in each hand, like a pistol.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 2:44PM DevilSei said

@Doomtrain24
1) Why be so serious about a minute detail in a joking post?
2) Someone has obviously never seen One Piece.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 2:52PM C Rose said

@Doomtrain24

Dude relax. I think he was being funny with the "triple-weilding" line, and even if he wasn't, CALM DOWN. Geez, some people get so worked up and can't help jumping at the chance to criticize others.

I got it, you clearly didn't and went all logic aggro on the poor sod.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:55PM Space Cobra said

I really should attend one of these things.

How was the after-con party/stuff?

And how much sleep did you get or was adrenaline running 24/7 for this event?

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:13PM TheRealStupid said

@Space Cobra E3 isn't a "con" like PAX, It's "industry only" which means that unless you are a developer, publisher, press or somehow in-the-industry, you simply don't get to attend. Being a consumer of games is not enough. One of the reasons that E3 almost died a very deserved death a few years ago was because they were handing out passes to retailers like Best Buy and it became frightfully easy to obtain one of these. I attended E3 from 2002 through 2006 as part of a dev team and at the end it was ridiculous. They're keeping a much tighter reign on attendance now and the show is better for it.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:51PM Beau Hindman said

@TheRealStupid Actually, there were a ton of students and random people attending, too. We rode a cab with a couple students and a dude from Fry's Electronics who was not sure why he gets invited every year.

It is supposed to be a press only type thing, but I think they might loosen it up a bit near the end, or have an exception when it comes to students?

Anyway, I didn't go to after parties. Too tired. And to stand around in a room with screaming bass, while trying to chat with your buds in the development industry is kinda' bland. Still, I would of have liked to attend some, simply because some people are so funny. lol But, heck, I was either asleep or at one point up writing at 4 AM. It was fun, either way.

Beau

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 2:07PM hereafter said

@Beau Hindman

Yeah I don't think they're too harsh about who gets in, so long as you have some kind of ties to the industry. I met a student in the TOR line who got his through a games department head at his school. And I think maybe Gamestop employees can attend as well? I myself am in film, not games. Even though I've never been before, I think it still had a strong gamer vibe. But then most industry folks are gamers themselves to some extent.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 2:39PM AshenTemper said

@Space Cobra If you get the chance, definitely go. But, my preference has always been PAX and Comic-Con (and GamesCom in Germany). You get a lot more fans and community at the latter.

So, don't pass up the chance if you get to go to E3 but if it's a choice between that and PAX, you'll meet the same people who go to E3 at PAX as well as a ton more great fans.

- Sean

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:17PM Ratham said

My life quest is to have something to show at E3 someday...

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:31PM Titan1 said

@Ratham
Good Luck!

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:48PM Ratham said

@Titan1 Thank you ^_^

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:52PM Valdur said

The SWTOR trailer put EP 1,2,3 to shame.They did a really awesome job there.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 3:10PM HokieKC said

I'm going to have to agree with MMORPG.com that Defiance was the big winner coming out of E3 (from what I've read of course since I wasn't there). Everyone who saw the closed demo came away extremely impressed. Even non-shooter fans.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 4:51PM oxlar said

Nothing on The Secret World?

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 6:46PM Graill440 said

Cant bash personal preference, and like many readers some of us see things differently than the massively workers.

On the Aika inspired political system in Tera, most folks understand these folks work together, right? Covering it with the wonderful goodness of hot and drippping nacho cheese still wont make it taste better. Giving Tera anything related to EVE such as "we like fraud" mechanics (lack of safeguards ingame), will only add to its demise and dump it into the tiny realm of lost niche games.

Betawatch: December 13 - 19, 2014