Posted: Jun 15th 2011 9:36AM Beau Hindman said

I really enjoyed this one. It had all of the standard options in games that many of Massively's readers will be used to: UI adjustment, AA support, all sorts of bells and whistles. It's a lot of fun and lighthearted, but wqith some depth.

Of course, I'll need to play it some more...which I will. But for an Anime inspired game, I think it will convert a lot of people.

Beau

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 9:44AM hami83 said

I didn't mind this game. I like games that let you play any class instead of rerolling.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 9:56AM Pingles said

Was super impressed by the level of developer feedback and the Community. Enough that after originally writing off the Closed Beta I gave it another shot and the game really started to shine for me.

I'll be playing.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 10:11AM Enikuo said

Since they're just patching, does that mean that they're not wiping characters from closed beta?

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 10:29AM DevilSei said

@Enikuo

They are, wiping characters is completely server-side. If characters were stored client-side, god knows how easy it would be for people to modify their characters and max out all their stats.

Patching just brings the client up from the Closed Beta version to Open Beta.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:56PM Enikuo said

@DevilSei Oh okay, thanks! I had actually stopped playing in closed beta because I assumed they would wipe characters and I liked it so much that I didn't want to get too attached to my character and dread starting over.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 10:33AM Kaoss said

decent game, just couldn't stand that style of UI that so many anime inspired games use

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:58PM (Unverified) said

This one is a really good, light-hearted game that really was generally fun. There wasn't a lot of grind to it compared to some of the other F2P titles I've played and all the UI and in game components seemed to work flawlessly.

Its not something I see myself jumping on every night, but great as a break from more 'serious' MMOs out there.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 1:00PM Borick said

This is a great game. I continue to be impressed, though I'm in the market for something less WoW-like.

Warning to those who test. Turn off the blur filter first thing when you log in.

I love the cel shading, but the modern trend of using soft blur effects everywhere has got to go.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 3:16PM Tezcatli said

Are those..are those Lamas? ..they look so, "fluffy", I wonder if they're soft...

...I want to ride them o.o

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 5:52PM Faction 3 said

@Tezcatli Tina! Eat your Food!

TINA! EAT. YOUR. FOOOD!!

Vote for Pedro.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 8:50PM DevilSei said

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 6:10PM Wisdomandlore said

I loved the class system, and that you could be every class on one character. The combat and animations were fine. The quests were your standard kill X quests unfortunately. My biggest complaint has to be the ultra-saturated graphics. They're so saturated they're washed out, making it difficult to see anything in the distance.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 6:39PM chickdigger802 said

@Wisdomandlore

Same problem with Grand Fantasia and kitsu saga. Luckily you can toggle off all those 'blur stuff' in the options lol.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 9:02AM Addfwyn said

Really enjoyed Eden Eternal, great anime-inspired graphics (this is actually a plus for me, though some people seem to dislike it), really solid music, and a pretty fun gameplay system that appeases the altaholic in me.

Though I am a bit sad I was one level off title for the open beta, cause real life stuff got in the way of my playing and I didn't expect CB to end so soon.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 2:54PM DevilSei said

@Addfwyn

Yeah, the "less than 24hr notice" of the beta ending pissed off more than just a few people, me included. I was at lvl 37, but it was impossible for me to gain those 3 levels by beta's end. Trust me, I tried...

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 5:19PM soapskid said

Aeria won't be wiping these OB accounts, so I suggest playing on.

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 9:31PM Kasen said

It's a fun game but it's just another f2p that for some odd reason or other does not have the option to invert your mouse? I mean seriously how hard would this be to implement?