Posted: Jun 14th 2011 4:27PM C Rose said

Glad to see you were having some fun out there. I of course would have LOVED to attend, but nooooo. So I'm -so- happy for you...*grumbles, mumbles*.

Hehe. Thanks for the right up bud.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 5:13PM Sladden said

I can see the enthusiasm in this writing piece and it makes me glad, to see that you guys had some great time up there! I hope that you Beau and the rest of Massively, will experience more "events" like this in the future! :)

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 6:04PM Roccodundee said

Really enjoyed the article, thanks!

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 6:06PM (Unverified) said

Great article... BUT, why do you keep referring to certain games as being able to be on a laptop???

A large majority or at least HALF of mmo players play their games ON LAPTOPS. Some play the smaller browser games, but A LOT play MASSIVE hardcore mmos. I play AOC, EQ2, APBR and a lot of other "demanding" titles on my laptop - and its not even a "gaming" laptop!

Great article again, but please realize that a lot of people play mmos on laptops and not just broswer or "lighter" mmos.

Thanks and keep up the good work!!

I hope one day all of you bloggers will eventually have working at massively become a REAL job where you actually get paid and compensated correctly.

S! - X

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 6:26PM Beau Hindman said

@(Unverified) Hmmm, you're right, I should clarify. I run my stuff on a pretty basic laptop, round the 400-500 dollar range.It has a basic chip in it, so some games will run better than others.

This reminds me, maybe I should clarify in my next article. While a laptop can be the same as a desktop, I am trying to find and talk about games that could run on even netbooks. EQ2 would not. I guess it's sort of hard to explain without listing literally the specs of the machine.

What are yours, if you don't mind me asking?

PS: I do have a gaming machine, two of them, actually, I am just starting to step away from them, or from games that require anything more than mild power.

PSS: We do get paid correctly. :)

Beau

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 7:01PM Bladerunner83 said

The Wii U looks neat, but it would be nice if Nintendo were to change their system to a slim look and less bulky. On a lighter note, that first picture of you Beau almost blinded me, you need some sun dude.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 7:04PM Beau Hindman said

@Bladerunner83 I actually do get a good amount of sun, I walk an hour a day. It's just that my skin is SO pale that it reflects it back into space and heats Mars.

Beau

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 7:38PM Bladerunner83 said

@Beau Hindman

lol, Im just messin with yah, your not that pale, its a healthy pale.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 10:12PM Beau Hindman said

@Bladerunner83 I'm just happy you didn't catch that I said Mars. It would have made more sense to pick a hotter planet that my sun-reflecting skin was heating.

Beau

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 9:21AM unfalsified said

Keep up with the awesome column, have enjoyed reading MMObility for a while now. A lot of mobile/alternative platforms and their games were under reported from E3, so good to see someone is covering this side of the games industry!