Posted: Jun 15th 2011 7:11AM (Unverified) said

I don't get the confusion in this article. Healers in ToR seem to be like every healer in WoW. Each had at least one dps tree. Same thing here.

Also if it works out similarly to WoW then hybrid healer/dps specs will be horrible. Didn't ever really see Shadow/Holy priests being too viable, did we? :P

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 10:47AM Arkane said

Aw, what i want is a Force Pushing Jedi. I wonder if i should go Knight instead then, for that. This seems to be more of a healing rogue. -.-

Posted: Jun 16th 2011 2:12AM (Unverified) said

It's all very straight forward. However, the author seems to not get it. Perhaps he hasn't read the Advanced Classes page at the SWTOR site very well. http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

It is best to think of each spec tree as a separate class.

For the Sage the Telekinetics spec is for those wanting a Mage type. The Seer is for those wanting a Priest type.

With the Shadow class the Infiltration spec is for the Rogue type, and the Kinetic Combat is for the Tank type.

The Devs have said they don't expect many to make an even hybrid between the two. It seems as though the author is thinking this game has a similar spec system to WoW. It doesn't.

This has been discussed by the devs and should not be news to the author.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 10:36AM EdwyrmHyde said

To Mr. Larry Everett in regards to your participation in the latest Mos Eisley Radio Podcast; I don't mean to correct you- and there is a slim chance that I'm wrong, but I'm afraid I am compelled to say the Smuggler in the newest Blur video installment called "Return" is in my opinion clearly recognizable as a Gunslinger and not a Scoundrel.

To justify my claim, we know the Scoundrel to be a utilitarian Advanced Class, allowing the Smuggler to dabble in just about everything from healing to stealth, whereas the Gunslinger is the OP DPS archetype, specialized in using the "Duel Wield" passive ability and focusing on expanding his DPS capabilities via highly experimental and rare-to-acquire Blaster Pistols.

Additionally, where gear is relevant; The Scoundrel has been showcased wearing gadget infested "Han Solo-esque" vests, trousers and tech gear on his head. The Gunslinger has been the Advanced Class we know to swagger around in that infamous Trench Coat/Doc Holiday hat, wielding two pistols like an O.K. Corral villain.

Again, I apologize for being so trivial, but based on your comments, I was COMPELLED to point out that little piece of my perspective.

For the record, despite the Scroundrel's survivability in solo combat, I am TOTALLY a Gunslinger fan all the way. Huge fan of Firefly AND Brisco County Jr. Not to mention the oldskool westerns like Unforgiven and spoofs like Blazing Saddles, lol. Gene Wilder was the PIMP in that movie. You recall? XD

Thanks again and may the force be with you.

Posted: Jun 17th 2011 10:40AM Larry Everett said

@EdwyrmHyde You are correct. I misspoke during the podcast. He was a representation of the Gunslinger advanced class.

Posted: Jun 18th 2011 12:36AM StampyIRL said

Like many commenting here, I'm not too worried about this, either.

Every AC can DPS. Shadows won't be main healers, and sages won't be able to tank. That is, unless some player comes up with a gimmicky trick or something.

This seems less like a true hybrid than four different options of how to play the class. More options are a good thing, in my opinion.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM