Posted: Jun 14th 2011 12:15PM Khai mann said

• 1 heart
Sounds good... now everyone can play dress up in highs-resolution.

I got my Troll hat on :)

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 12:30PM Kaahn Stewart said

@Khai mann

Is that not the entire purpose of MMOs, when you get right down to it?

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 12:31PM b3n said

Allowing multiple clients is the worst thing about EVE. The game would be infinitely better if multiple clients were neither allowed or necessary.

People shouldn't have to pay for more than one subscription in order to compete - but it's all gravy for CCP.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 1:14PM DeadlyAccurate said

@b3n I think every player in my corp (including me) was dual-boxing, and one guy had three or four accounts (I lost count, because he was also doing PI with his same-account alts).

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 12:51PM Lateris said

It is only natural that a game like Eve which is a software company in its own right would have to change the system requirements for 6 year old systems. Just imagine what it will be like 20 years from now.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 1:18PM Old Tom said

Just read the Lulzsec just took down Eve!

Website is currently down .. also read that servers are down too.

This is big.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 1:21PM Old Tom said

• 1 heart
Any reason why my comment on the breaking news of Eve being taken down, allegedly, by hackers has disappeared from this thread?

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 1:33PM Jef Reahard said

@Old Tom

Our comment system is wonky. I see your original post, and you probably will too in a few minutes. It hasn't been modded or anything like that.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 1:44PM Old Tom said

@Jef Reahard

Thanks .. found that when I reloaded the page. Edit function would be handy for double posts like this.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 2:13PM bulldozerftw said

Nicely done. @ Lateris, IBM is hoping to release the new design for processors that removes the limitation we have on the speeds of current silicon chips. Currently they have a slighty unstable prototype running at 10 gigaherts, 3 times faster then the current maximum speed. I think the chips should cost around the same amount as chips do now to manufacture. Their predicting to see the huge improvment on processor speeds in 5-10 years time. These new graphene are expected to run somewhere between 90 gigaherts and a terahertz maximum once fully developed. But at the same time silicon chips were expected to max out at slightly higher then 6 gigahertz i think and we can barely get past 4 due to heat and leaking power. I'm tempted to check out the new wi rumored to cost about 500 dollars that has some custom made IBM processors in them.

MMO Week in Review: It is your Destiny