Posted: Jun 14th 2011 7:58PM Skyydragonn said

You ahve some factually wrong information in your article. Once I'm done reading the entire thing I'll give you the correct info.

And thank you for FINALLY looking at this decrepid busted game.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 8:09PM Skyydragonn said

1)The chat channels are NOT tied to "copies" of the world in NFSW, what that does do though is limit the number of cars visible at your location. hence why when you hop a channel in chat the player cars nearby vanish and reappear. it's refreshing local player locations.
Typing /join # (where # = 1-50) to jump chat channels.

2) predominant language largely depends on what channel your in, channel 1 is most commonly english speakers. Lot of brazilian, russian players in NFSW Who insist on playing on the US servers instead of the EU servers.

3)There is no in game GM support at all. The report functions do nothing but generate a report for them to review later. The NFSW support forum is a ghost town in terms of official responses to problems.
EA's phone support however, I can't knock. Any time I have a problem with an EA game I call and they usually resolve it or credit me something for my trouble if they can't fix it easily.

4)You forgot to look at how you BUY the most powerful cars in the game for real money often times upwards of $12-$40 per car. (of course "free" with a $40 boost purchase)

Or how multiplayer races are completely out of synch and two drivers dont'see the same events happening during a race.

As for the community and its juvenile nature, all fo the mature players have simply quit, once we realized the game was a broken money grab deoid of content updtes or developer give-a-sh@t. They've gone so far as to remove content that was free and put it in the cash shop a year after release....

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 11:27PM Jef Reahard said

@Skyydragonn

Ah, thanks for clarifying the chat channel stuff. I couldn't get a straight answer on that (or anything else really) from the community members I interacted with.

As far as the car prices, that's a little bit outside the interest area of this particular column (which is community- and customer service-focused). If we ever do a Choose My Adventure or straight-up impressions piece on NFSW then that will no doubt be covered.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:55AM Skyydragonn said

@Jef Reahard Anytime you want Info on that title Jef, Im glad to give it. I wanted taht game to be good, and its been a constant stream of dissapointment. with a stonewall aproach to the community from the development staff. It's really sad to see sucha great franchise be whored out in such a fashion. :(

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:17AM (Unverified) said

DO NOT accept "free" rental cars...
I have an expired "free"rental car and I can not get onto my main driver that has real money cars.
EA/Black Box doesn't know how to fix it.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:19AM (Unverified) said

In other words... run away...run very far away...

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:46AM bulldozerftw said

seriously man alt f4. sorry i couldn't resist.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:49AM bulldozerftw said

I'll be looking forward to Auto Club Revolution being my F2P racer. Never really enjoyed the need for speed F2P. Just like battlefield F2P the older games that they were remade to model played better performance wise in my opinion.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 2:48AM Amy said

Ooo do EVE next, with Incarna being released next week, what better time to get a newb's point of view of the 7 year old game.