Posted: Jun 14th 2011 8:20PM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
Good for them, lets hope they get the missions that send noobs out to be killed by established vets, vehicle handling, and weapon imbalance. Highest point of this title was the customization, which is incredible.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 8:29PM (Unverified) said

@Graill440 making mountains out of mole hills.. Vehicle handling is spotty at first but you get the hang of it, and weapon imba is countered by not going 1v1.... the game has flaws, but what game doesn't ? Take a chill pill Sally.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 5:28AM nevin said

@Graill440 well my first proper mission out of the tutorial was against someone obviously way above my skill level. I was totally owned. I didn't even know you could crouch until I saw my opponent doing it when he ducked under cover.
Obviously I have a serious L2P issue but being put up against someone far above me wasn't appreciated.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 9:32AM Graill440 said

@nevin, I jumped ship with thousands of others in regards to the huge problems i mentioned, the devs would not listen to their sub base, they paid the price, the game shutdown, they never learn, laugh. Again lets see if this batch of devs do any better. (grin)

On a side note, @unverified shaggy above you needs to use their nifty phrases at the proper time, their response made little sense to my post other than showing angst. "the game has flaws, but what game doesnt?" You actually typed that thinking to make a serious statement? Back to the WOW forums with you! (tsk, tsk)

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 8:51PM Ratham said

Somebody called hacks on me today.... just like old times.

Makes my day every time.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 11:01PM Hookan91 said

@Ratham Its means you are very good.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 8:58PM Itoao said

I have to agree with the Unverified commenter. As he said Vehicle handling does take getting used to and it much better than before.
The weapon imbalance is not as bad as well. You can do very well with just the starter weapons.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 9:24PM foofad said

@Itoao In fact in my opinion the starter weapon is actually one of the better guns. It's like a medium range OCA.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 10:38PM InkSix said

I'm having a lot of fun with APB:R. It's my MMO for the foreseeable future.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:06AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Really sucks that almost every other player is a hacker in this game. It's SO much fun otherwise.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:30AM brink001 said

@(Unverified) Every time I do well I get called a hacker. I'm thinking the problem might be from within rather than without

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 2:57AM JuliusSeizure said

@brink001

When I play, I think I must be accidentally hacking the game to make myself suck so much.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 11:39AM Masync9 said

@(Unverified)
He is 100% correct about this. APB does have good potential but its completely wrecked due to all the rampant hacking going on.

Go to youtube and see the posts. Even worse there are cheating sites blatantly advertising their wares right there bragging they that the do not get caught. You know what? They are right.

Their customer service is a joke and the developers either do not care or are completely incapable of fixing the issues. Other than lip service nothing has been done to stop or even slow down the exploits.

Food for thought, so if they are hacked this much what is keep customers information and financial accounts safe? Do you think they will admit they were hacked?

"Hey I cant login to my account and the bank called saying I am over drawn. I thought my stuff was safe with you guys!?!"

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 3:00AM (Unverified) said

Right, but I'm not exactly a spring chicken in APB. It's rather obvious who is hacking and who is just a good player. As good as you may be you don;t magically cause your guns to have zero spread, etc.

Hacking is rampant in this game, which really sucks because there's a TON of fun to be had in it.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 3:48AM kasapina said

Problem is, some guns do have close to zero spread (Star in particular, and it's a gun that shines in a good player's hands), and others can achieve it while not losing too much in firing rate (Ntec). Also, a good hack is never 100% hit with no spread, because it's way too obvious and makes detection and reporting on the hacker easier.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 9:20AM startruck said

I've been playing this game a lot since open beta began, I've managed to unlock some better guns and cars, and have had some intense fun matches with people that used voice and worked together.

Not once have I encountered a hacker.

I've run into plenty of people that have stomped me into the ground because they are better than me, and from them I've learned to play better, figure out the game's mechanics and then be better in general.

The idiots crying about hackers are just that, Idiots. In the entire time I've been playing I haven't run into one person hacking, not one.

Sometimes it's harder to recognize another players skill, and instead cry hacker. unfortunately you will never get better if you think this way.

Posted: Jun 15th 2011 12:22PM BGExorcist said

Very small game, Very bad matchmaking - I blame the fact the instanced territories hold only 100 players. Very limited customization for free players. They have sub like P2P + cash shop like F2P... need I say more.

Posted: Jun 20th 2011 6:25PM Transientmind said

Rewards for closed beta are utter BS. It's taking the already-privileged (they got to be in the closed beta and we didn't!) and giving them something extra... just because they were privileged. Oh, the rest of us who were clawing at the walls to get in? *flips the bird to the devs* Thanks. Same back atcha.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014