Posted: Jun 13th 2011 3:27PM Ratham said

How many servers is this game down to? I haven't played since launch.

I loved the combat animations, but the famed Asian grind made me flee in less than 3 weeks.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 4:29PM paterah said

@Ratham US has 4 servers and EU has 8.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 4:01PM (Unverified) said

NA has 4 servers running, not sure about EU but I believe they may have more.

I can't speak for all the servers, but the population on Israphel, Asmodian-side, is plenty healthy and I see groups running all day at all levels. Grind is also severely reduced, there's still a bit of gear-grinding (less grind, more RNG really) at endgame, but that doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the leveling grind at launch.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 4:11PM ThrangisTheRed said

I've never experienced the "AFK" thing and I've been playing MMOs for around 8 years. Though, I have had many occasions when I needed to do some errands and slipped up with "I have a few quests to take care of".

Other than that... I am able to dichotomize my real life and gaming experiences. :)

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 6:15AM MJ Guthrie said

@ThrangisTheRed
=D Nice! I haven;t heard that one before. Thanks for sharing.

I think I developed the "AFK " habit after using vent and teamspeak so much. Even more amusing is when I use the push to talk button to talk to my kids right next to me.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 4:39PM Space Cobra said

@ThrangisTheRed

Yeah, I also never thought very strongly about "AFKing" in real life, unless I knowingly joked and threw it out in speech. I am thinking it probably has more to do with age, because it showed up later in my gaming life. But then again, I've also never said "LOL" too much, either, but have read a few blogs, and that's a bit older.

I have heard about the dreams in-game thing and I think I've had one or two. But that's a result from too much playing. :P

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 4:55PM DrewIW said

I tried it out during the 10 day reactivation and it's improved a lot. Populations were healthy, and the worst of the grind has been removed.

Shame about the PVP though.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 5:01PM edgecrusherO0 said

Over the past decade or so, I've incorporated so much gaming lingo into my every day vocabulary that people around me no longer find it strange and some have actually picked it up.

My brother used to rag on me for saying "lol" or "lulz" or "berb (brb)". Now, after around a year of me saying it, I catch him saying things like that all the time.

And there are definitely times when I have to remind myself that I can't do things IRL that I can do in game. Horribly awkward moments -_-

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 10:32AM PaterFrog said

@edgecrusherO0 Yeah, like clicking that "reset" button... :D

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 7:03PM Laren said

I can't figure this game out... There are times when I'm playing it and loving it and never want to log off. Then, the very next time I play I just want to cancel and throw the computer out the window. The game makes me feel bipolar. I wish I could put a finger on it, but can't...

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 10:33AM PaterFrog said

@Laren Slack joint burn out?

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 8:30PM shodannet said

i finally accepted I was playing Aion way too much when the pressures (to keep grinding at all hours), demands (to grind for gear) and crap given as a tank (because it's always the tanks fault) and poor PvP-ability of a tank compared to other classes caused enough anxiety in me that I started suffering from abdominal pains. The pains didnt just cause discomfort, but also difficulties in eating/digesting certain foods (that I never had problems with before, eg: dairy) and severe cramps.
The day I stopped playing Aion the pains seriously stopped and I havent felt them since that 3-month period (and I've taken up Rift since then and it's a completely different experience).

Oh, and nevermind I managed to clock 666 hours in 3 months

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 8:53PM wfseg said

@shodannet
I didn't suffer as severely as you did, but once I stopped playing Aion, I was happier.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 8:37PM Averice said

I've experienced dreams of playing in game and I did say lol once, thought that was before I started playing MMO's I think, was more related to getting into Aim Chat at a tender young age.

Besides that I have not had the game world ever slip into reality. I was definitely depressed when I typed in /played on my since launch WoW hunter though.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 12:15AM BarGamer said

Vote this up if you've ever said, "Work, work, work. Zug-zug." in a peon's gravelly voice, AND SOMEONE ELSE DID AN IMPRESSION TOO! High-five optional.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 1:14AM Graill440 said

Some funny reads. No, never done anything like this in any game that has resulted in a real life fopo, phopa, fopha?

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 10:51AM Loststory08 said

Hey MJ, it's Kalevra (now Sonic) I appreciate you posting my story :)

I was the driver of the vehicle so there wasn't much danger, I think the bad part is, when I saw the little red dot of the stop light, the first this I actually thought of was an asmo lol, I did get a great laugh from her springing into alert mode like a kungfu panda pet. In terms of the vocabulary of MMOs; there is no such thing as a bathroom anymore, even at work (Military) I say "One second, bio". Noone is immune to the lingo, soon the whole world will speak MMO speak. Now I'm gonna go bio real fast before grinding out these reports brb.