Posted: Jun 13th 2011 7:18PM Carolina said

I hope your ideas for a revamp of the class system comes true. It's everything is already in place for that: classes separated into the bigger "roles" as in Fighter, Scout, Priest and Mage. Now we just need to be able to swap around. I'm a begginer at EQ2, so that sounds awesome, but I wonder if that would really be good or bad for the long term players.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 8:01PM Yellowdancer said

The number one reason classes can't get into a raid is the player is not good enough. Be that bad gear, a bad spec or the player just goes on the wrong rotation. Be social and support your guild. That's the best way to go on a raid.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 2:51AM pcgneurotic said

@Yellowdancer

If you don't know me, and I assume you would probably only actually know 2 - 3 dozen people well enough to judge their ability on your whole server, then how on Earth can you say I'm not good enough to join your raid? That's quite a ridiculous remark you just made there!

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 7:24AM ed511df3 said

@pcgneurotic

Little touchy, aren't we? Lots of groups will give you a chance one or twice and look to see how you're doing on a raid. If you don't do well, you don't get invited again. Simple

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 10:36PM Vorender said

I think the travel in EQ2 is very easy. I like my travel more like Fallen Earth, but I put up with the insta-port anywhere in the world thing that EQ2 has because the rest of the game is good.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 10:36PM Vorender said

@Vorender

Fast travel is not a plus for me in any game.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 11:02PM The Wok said

Just to clear it up, EQ2's class tree system allowed for 16 classes on each side. Wizards, Warlocks, Dirges, Troubadours, Wardens, Furies, Berserkers and Guardians were options in both cities.

Also, the two-city distinction was only in lore. From release, people from both cities could be in any guild. Guilds were not city-exclusive on non-PvP servers. I know this from personal experience; my guild was created within two weeks of the game's release. it was based in Freeport, but we had Qeynosian members, too.

So, raid groups have always had 24 classes from which to choose.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 11:04PM The Wok said

I can also add that, at release, being found in the other city resulted in being kicked out of the city, rather than death. My high elf crusader/shadowknight-wannabe got kicked out of Freeport a number of times before finishing up her betrayal chain.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 12:46AM Zuljundwumn said

...What the **** is that lizard mount thingy ?? it looks angry

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 2:56AM pcgneurotic said

"Again, it's not about danger -- it's about time and tedium."

This is quite a can of worms here Karen. As you know, there are very many veteran EQers who feel that all the bells and ports and ding-dongs have damaged the immersion factor in Norrath - I for one just can not understand why they even turned the KoS cloud transports into insta-ports.

I'm all for a bit of convenience, but I think this leaping, gliding, jumping system strikes a good balance. Most importantly, it sounds like *fun*. If you've ever played City of Heroes or Champions Online, you'll know how important and fun the travel powers are. It's totally cool, just leaping and striding around the map, and I think Norrathians will notice this too.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 11:31AM bobfish said

Give me a Beastlord and I'll return to EQ2 for life. Though naturally would prefer to see it in Everquest Next.

Beastlord forever!

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 2:09PM (Unverified) said

I'd go back to try out a Beastlord. I enjoyed mine in eq1. I am also hoping for eq next news from Fan Faire.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories