Posted: Jun 13th 2011 11:17AM Fabius Bile said

• Half a heart
vid looked really bad, clunky and anti-climatic..btw, 0:45 - 0:50 wtf was that? pathfinding bug? rubberbanding? : /

and tbh after TERA or GW2 I dont think I can play another point-click-and-stand-still game, ever. thats so 2010 ;- )

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:00PM Fabius Bile said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified) then we agree to disagree.

when running, the character looked like he had a stick up his (anatomy) and the spell animations looked...bland. tbh it was all just some hand weaving and a blue casting bar of variable lenght, I couldn't really tell by watching when the char was doing his cookie cutter spam skill or his ultra-pwnzor skill of doom.

eyecandy alone is not the be all end all of a game, but I expect a reasonable level of eyecandy in a 2012 game, certainly more than what I can find in a 2005 game....

about the anti-climatic feeling, It shouldnt matter what you are figthing...If when I kill random creeps I just click on them, then proceed on clicking a couple buttons in order without ever moving my feet one inch, I truly doubt boss fights are gonna be a blur of frantic, adrenaline-filled movement...

and I havent played a single second, of WoW in my life, but my question was a bit more generic....was that a pathfinding bug (which is baaaaaaaad) or simply rubberbanding (lag, which is understaaaaaaaaaaandable)

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:09PM paterah said

@Fabius Bile Doesn't matter what it was, either way it is matter of polish and the game is still in beta, pathfinding or rubberbanding.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:22PM Kitanishi said

@Fabius Bile

I'd rather play "another" sandbox point and click game with innovative features and polished gameplay than "another" non-targeting grind themepark game, but thats IMO.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 11:23AM Saker said

Interesting! Continues to look good.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 11:29AM Elloa said

In comparison of Tera, this seem a bit...poor. But the others features of the game are very interesting, so I'll not dismiss this game just by its casting animations. :)

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 11:38AM (Unverified) said

When are they going to stop making casters stand in one place? it's the worst mechanic ever introduced into MMO's.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 11:40AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) oh as well as cast bar pushback.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:05PM Vorender said

Not bad. keeping an eye on this one.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:15PM Mikkhail said

eh ... I think that it looks pretty good ... I also am not overly in favor of the over the top spell effects. Plenty smooth enough.

My question would be whether or not they are going to do something about your horse standing in the way ;)

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:43PM Jade Effect said

Perhaps it's just beta. I find the pumping-the-fist-in-circle spell casting bland and underwhelming. Korean games are known for their graphics/animations. Moreover, it's a game by Jake Song, not some no-name Korean developer. And why is the staff still stuck to his back like a flag-pole? At least wave it around, c'mon.

The mob teleporting around is quite funny though. Warhammer Online had the same problem during release.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:48PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
this game looks terrible

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 12:49PM Muddleglum said

Heh I like that the horse doesn't just poof, instead it follows you.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 1:22PM Slayblaze said

@Muddleglum Yes, exactly! This is my biggest pet peeve (no pun intended) about mounts in MMOs which almost universally share the same mechanic. When you obtain a Mount, you move its icon onto your spellbar then click it when you want to ride somewhere - and then 'POOF' it appears from... from... where?!? When you dismount, where does it go? 'POOF'! In some games you actually have to carry the Mount Icon inside your inventory bag to even be able to ride it (I'm looking at you vanilla), does that mean I'm carrying around an entire horse inside my bag? It seems so.

The only way it makes any kind of sense is in the case of a Dreadsteed, otherwise it's just game-ruining for me anymore.

If Archeage keeps your mount following you around that's a huge step forward imo.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 10:39PM (Unverified) said

@Slayblaze Ryzom had that mechanic ages ago. I hesitate to call a killable/un-POOFing mount (also the case with Ryzom) a 'huge step forward' in MMO development. I'd reserve that sort of language for actual -gameplay- developments, I could care less if a mount exists in limbo or not, if the actual GAME is boring.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 1:51PM (Unverified) said

2h sword caster at 3:33 :D

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 3:46PM Tizmah said

I like how the mount follows you. Other than that, I see nothing to write home about. Next MMO please.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 5:35PM Ghostspeaker said

I was really hoping for something a little less standard than yet another stationary magic cannon with casting bars, and the magic effects were on the underwhelming side (though better looking than Aion's at least).

It's too bad that they went so vanilla with magic. But I'm still interested in the game overall. Just probably won't be playing a mage for once.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 7:54PM Kitanishi said

@Ghostspeaker

Thats just one of magic classes.

You compose your class out of three "schools". S you see in video title this one uses magic, illusion and death. there are hundreds of possible classes.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 1:07AM Graill440 said

Was the mob AI turned off in this vid? Hope so, having mobs stand there isnt the best way to present your combat.

Hate casters, dps or healing or any combo of the two. I was raised on books like dragonlance and others prior to that. Kids today think mages should be the big dps makers and be able to move while casting. Abused devs have been brought up to believe magic users should operate this way, and as i have stated before, we have a whole generation of folks thinking the same thing because of it.

Very pretty game, just not my cup o tea from what i have seen so far. (grin)
| 1 | 2 |