Posted: Jun 12th 2011 12:51PM bulldozerftw said

I can't believe richard garriot actually admits to not even playing his own games. Stating that he plays more crap casual games on his phone. Kind of makes you lose respect for the guy that started the mmo movement wasn't even part of it in a sense. Now he wants to create another steam competitor with crappy casual games with a side game called block annoying popup announcements of buddy accomplishments. Dude just starts seems to be more about money then social games if you ask me. He started off in the dot com business and lost all of his money. He sued his own company ncsoft for like 26 million and now he wants to be the next zenga to steal candy from a baby.

On a side note sound like a cool system now I just have to work up the determination to grind to max level in a wow clone, in order to enjoy the great ship pvp battles.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 2:38PM Plastic said

@bulldozerftw

Sadly, I would say that the majority of Devs and Designers don't actually play their own game.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 4:02PM (Unverified) said

@bulldozerftw I think if you reread what RG said. He said that he doesnt play the type of games you think he would play

Nowhere did he say he didnt play his own games. I imagine he doesnt log into Ultima Online anymore and with TR gone its kinda hard to play that. I bet he logged alot more time playing the Ultima games and in Ultima Online then most other players did.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 6:56PM Protoavis said

@bulldozerftw

Considering the fraud on NCSoft's part I'd have sued too.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 1:26PM svarthymn said

I don't know why people keep saying that Tabula Rasa is dead. I've seen copies of the game at walmart recently, and they still sell the game cards at best buy. So it must be doing well!

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 6:57PM Protoavis said

@svarthymn

The servers for it shut down in the beginning of 2009 so you're either mistaken or the retailers there are doing something shoddy.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 1:32PM (Unverified) said

Go to NCsoft, go to their store. Can you find Tabula Rasa? No? Because they don't support the game anymore and haven't for a while. Servers have been offline since 09. Check wikipedia among other things.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 1:39PM Daemodand said

@(Unverified) I think svarthymn was just trying to be funny. TR cards will still give game time if used on something like City of Heroes, though, so they aren't completely worthless. Though the game boxes are worthless, except I'm tempted to get one to place on my shelf and admire.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 1:36PM Ghostspeaker said

"Incarnations are less powerful than the original while leveling"

Because leveling isn't enough of a nightmare already, apparently.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 1:40PM Daemodand said

@Ghostspeaker In Soviet Allods, game levels you!

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 2:53PM Sunlover said

Don't like the idea of a less powerful character for leveling after you have already leveled one up... Doesn't sound fun at all. The ability to use skills from another class sounds cool, but a balancing headache pvp-wise and might make this a necessity for players, making the dreaded grin even more awful, especially with a character who is less powerful. Meh.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 4:26PM ClassicCrime said

@Sunlover

Well I don't think there's gonna be too many level 46 players that don't have some sort of runes, and the runes will help with the alt leveling. But I agree with your other point, the extra skills are gonna make people OP (and people that don't have them somewhat gimped). I liked the idea of having a little newbie running around with my dreadnought and runes, but in the end it really wont be anything more than a lot of time spent to avoid having your main be gimped in comparison to other players.