Posted: Jun 12th 2011 7:47PM NeverDeath said

• 1 heart
@Vagrant Zero

Lack of elaboration and the presence of nothing but hollow and meaningless attempted insults prove that you are the one who is backpedaling. Yes, it's backpedaling, not backpeddling. You see, to peddle is to deal in wares, as a merchant. To PEDAL is the motor function such as you would make with a bicycle. You're no better at English than you are at composing an intelligent argument.

I'm really concerned about who reads what I have to say, also. Just like I'm concerned about being grayed out by some insecure troll. I could downvote your comments but I don't bother, because unlike you, I'm not afraid you'll prove me wrong and that it will remain on the annals of the internet for all-time. You clearly are, however, and I suppose if that is where your focus lies, then you would have good reason to be worried - because nothing you just said has any relation to our previous conversation, wherein everything you said was proven in the end to be meaningless rhetoric as you scrambled to find a point once your initial standing ground was obliterated.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 6:31AM Dril said

@NeverDeath

I really can't be arsed to respond.

If you can't even understand and remember what you yourself wrote earlier in this article there's very little purpose in continuing this tiresome dance.

Regardless: there are many games with much more content than Rift. End of. Can we move onto the next topic now?

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 6:31AM Fabius Bile said

@Naoki7 artifacts...yeah, noone cares a fuck about them

PvP.....you mean grinding the same 4 scenarios ad nauseam? I repeat, FOUR LMAO. people are bored of them within the first month.

WAR had over 25 battlegrounds at release, Trion has been churning out PvE content at an epic rate, yet still the PvPers in that game have the same 4 warfronts, which sadly amount to be all the PvP there is in the game....

achievements, see artifacts...except even less people give a crap about this...

dynamic events, 5 man dungeons and rifts,crafting rifts...dunno why you make dynamic events, rifts and crafting rifts 3 different categories when they are one and the same. anyway, same as PvP, people are bored of rifts in a couple weeks, all of them fall in one of a few 100% scripted models, nothing dynamic. so much for the only marketing factor of the game....

dailies, rep grinds....oh jesus ,so some gamers nowadays consider that content? back in my time we considered that a tacit acknowledgement of lack of content on the developers behalf...

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 1:21PM NeverDeath said

@Dril

I still never said anything about PvP gear, so really it is you who can't remember what I said. The facts are right here for anyone to see, but you'll keep ignoring them because it suits you to do so. The internet is a good place for people like you, because you can just skirt around the truth instead of confronting it and owning up to your mistakes.

I agree, there is very little purpose to your tiresome dance. I don't even know why you began it. Oh yeah, that's right. You missed the contingency that specifically stated that RIFT had more content at this phase in its development than any other MMO I have ever played, a statement which I'm still not convinced isn't true of all MMOs, including ones I haven't played (as I've yet to be given any intelligible information to the contrary). Games which have more content than RIFT have been out for years. If you don't see how the length of time a development team has had to produce content is relevant to how much content a game has, then I don't think anyone can help you.

By all means, do move on to the next topic. You certainly have proven that you had nothing to add to this one, short of pointless trolling based on the premise that I said things which in reality, I did not.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 2:52PM Deadalon said

• 1 heart
Blizzard is running scared atm. They moved 4.2 forward to try to reduce the dmg RIFT 1.3 would do.

The intresting thing tho ... Rift is offering 10 bosses. WOW .... 6. Kinda tells you alot what is happening at Blizzard atm.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 2:59PM PrimeSynergy said

@Deadalon

Really? We're still doing this? The whole "Blizz is shaking in their boots" bit? While I'm sure they recognize that Rift is considered a WoW contender by some, I highly doubt they're freaking out and planning their future based on what Trion does.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 3:04PM NeverDeath said

@Deadalon

Yeah, Blizzard hasn't cared about WoW for a long time, since mid-BC - and it shows in their final product. They've made tons of money from WoW, but they've outsourced most of their talent to other departments to develop other titles, and to put it in culinary terms, they've reduced the heat to low and are letting it simmer.

Unfortunately, with cooking letting it simmer develops flavor, while in MMOs... It's a result of complacency and develops player unrest. I can't believe that people have even remained playing WoW for this long. You get people saying oh Trion recycles models (Like Blizzard doesn't do more of that than ANYBODY with 20x the funding their excuses are worthless), but look at what Blizzard has done... They've recycled entire dungeons and tiers of content from a few years ago, and their players eat it up - why? Because most of their original player base has left because the game is stale and the development team is uninspired and lazy, complacent.

Sure, ZA/ZG/Onyxia/Naxx/Nefarian might all have been new to the new WoW player base (the Wrath-noob) but the rest of us remember well doing those raids for the first time, and we spit in the eye of Blizzard for insulting our intelligence by recycling not only the entire dungeon and the encounter scripts, but also the models and textures for all of the loot therein. How anyone could talk about recycling without mentioning Blizzard as the king of it, is beyond me.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 3:05PM Dril said

@Deadalon

But, then, 4.2 also ships with a massive, dynamic (ooh, look, yesteryear's favourite buzzword) storyline/daily quest hub.

If we're going to keep up with the whole "Blizzard are scared of Rift, look at them cry" we might as well get the facts straight.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 3:06PM Puhssy said

@Deadalon
Hahahaha. My sides hurt. When will these sofa king delusional fanboys stop?
Good ol' Blizzard is shaking in their boots at Rift's ah-ma-zing amount of subs it stole from them.
What's Rift at just before the end of the 3 month subs? 300k? I wouldn't put it past 400k.
Shaking alright.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 3:08PM Deadalon said

@PrimeSynergy

WOW lost 600k subs cause there was another thing to do than sit in WOW capitals for the next 4 months. 1.3 was offering more of the same (first real raiding tier in RIFT) and Blizzard were forced to react to stop the bleeding. If not for RIFT i doubt Firelands would be released till September.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 3:17PM Deadalon said

@Puhssy

Yes - BLizzard is scared because they have been found out in their lazyness and lack of new intresting content. Trion is showing their teeth atm and Blizzard needs to get back on their toes. Nothing but good for subscribers of either games.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 4:54PM (Unverified) said

@Deadalon

If rift is doing so well then why are there so many dead servers? you think they really took all 600k subs from wow? (theres always a slump at this time of year) again why so many dead servers with 600k subs? i dont even play wow but i tried rifts free triel and i dont think ive ever played such a drab and uninspired game that has pretty much taken every system wow has and copyed it to the letter.

If rift is a next gen mmo then ill skip till a game company comes along that actually trys to expand on the mmos of today instead of flat out coppying them.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 5:37PM Deadalon said

@(Unverified)

Didn't know WOW had dye system or dynamic RIFTs or difrrent souls. Obviously you havn't played much of RIFT so maybe you should not talk so much without knowing.

Posted: Jun 13th 2011 6:41AM Fabius Bile said

@Deadalon 600K LMAO

try half of that

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 9:10PM (Unverified) said

@Puhssy

Actually, Trion states they are approaching 1 million.

Posted: Jun 14th 2011 9:23PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

I just checked Rift and WOW, 30 versus 49 players online. Neither seems very active to me. Given WOW's 11.4 million players to Rift's less than 1 mil, I'd expect an even greater disparity. Perhaps you should spend more time wondering where all the WOW folks are than commenting on Rift.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 3:34PM relgoth said

There is some truth that blizz actually does react to other games on the mmo market. I remember when WAR was released the same day blizzard anounced the release date for wrath.

Blizzard isnt ignorant, they want as many subs as possible and one way is to try eclipse the PR announcements of other companies with their own.

Im glad to see this though as i play neither due to how narrow the scope of play is now a days. Id like to see a return to more casual set of pvp in wow, and something more difficult to do in rift.

But overall id really like to see a path of alternative advancement that doesnt require raiding but requires other equally difficult tasks to get the good gear. Maybe something just a few friends can do a few times a week

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 4:14PM Tom in VA said

It's hard for me to imagine any type of added content less appealing than a new raid.

I tried Rift recently on the free trial. It's a pretty game, and it runs smoothly, but it just didn't grab me. It's too ... "standard MMO-ish", in my opinion. I'd sooner go back to WoW, except that I'm not going to do that either.

SWTOR and GW2 are introducing features to the MMO table -- meaningful dialog choices, a focus on story, dynamic events that matter (not just rifts, rifts, and -- oh, look -- it's another rift), companion characters, etc. -- that really interest me, something I cannot say for Rift (or WoW either, for that matter).

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 4:43PM Valdur said

Even if Hammerknell looks impressive,Rift remains a shallow game which use the WoW template> grind gear to enter dungeon 1>grind dungeon 1 to enter dungeon 2>grind dungeon 2 to enter Greenscale.It would be interesting to see how things goes when some players who have the 3 months and 6 months runs out and that they start to leave.

But no matter what Rift will remain successful but they will have some serious issues when Bioware and ArenaNet will throw their respective titles to the market.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 7:00PM Rayko said

@Valdur

You mean the raid template that WoW got from EQ ? oh yah , that one ...

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best fishing?

Posted on Oct 20th 2014 8:00AM