Posted: Jun 11th 2011 12:25PM Marinerbay said

Clearly, you're perfectly satisfied with playing recycled crap. but a lot of people sure aren't. And now that I see Cataclysm for what it really is, I'll gladly take what Turbine is offering over Blizzard's ho-hum content anyday. Cataclysm has proven to be underwhelming, which has resulted in people leaving for other games. Try to deny that, and it will prove YOU have the blinders on. It amazes me how some people will defend power hungry companies to the very end.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 9:07PM (Unverified) said

@Marinerbay

It's natural for numbers to peak after the expansion launches and dip as people finish playing through the content (which there was plenty of new content in the expansion).

There is no way any rational person could describe cataclysm's content as "ho-hum", especially compared to what I've seen in LOTRO from Moria onward. All you have to do is look at the reviews of cataclysm from any reputable third party. Frankly it speaks for itself.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 9:14PM Marinerbay said

@(Unverified) No, what speaks for itself is WOW's toxic tendency for people to be forced to raid when they don't want to. And the way normal players are mistreated by the hardcore types. Of course, no WOW kool aid drinker will ever understand what that means, so I'll let them give their money to a company that has allowed such a hostile atmosphere to grow and fester like fungus. As for myself, give me LOTRO any day.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 9:20PM Wayshuba said

Honestly, hoe can anyone take this serious at the moment. Considering it is four months from a "so-called" major expansion... you'd figure there would at least be screenshots available for a major show such as E3.

Ever since Moria, Turbine has been more about smoke and mirrors than anything else. Since Update 2, they threads on their forums of players dissatisfied with the direction of the game (increasing grind to a level that puts all other MMOs to shame, the outwardly embarrising 'Grindaversary', the complete lack of addressing player concerns (such as fixing the ludicrious grind with Update 3, the complete billboarditis of pushing everyone to the store, and of course, this double-play with the pre-orders and not being able to order via Trubine Points).

So far, four months from release and actually having the gaul to sell this expansion with the only information being three new zones (of which they are careful to point out that it is the Gap of Rohan which is a small zone), ten levels and, whoop-de-doo, increasing virtues from 10 to 12.

My prediciton, people will be upset by what is in this expansion. I mean, this whole thing stinks of marketing double-speak. They announced is last November and four months before release there is nothing to look at much less a beta going on. This is just another Turbine ploy to exploit cash from the current player base because they sure as heck aren't keeping long term players with all this junk recently. I know, I was one of them until I finally realized Turbine no longer cares about their player base other than how much cash they can extract from them. That became painfully obvious with Update 2 and 3 and especially with the infamous Grindaversary.

I, for one, am glad I finally got off the Turbine exploitation treadmill. I am actually having fun again since I moved away from their MMO schemes.

For those still playing enjoy. I hope you find the end game more entertaining than many other long times players who finally have had enough.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 1:52AM sirBetamax said

I considered getting the Legendary set... Then I realised I must be going mad as I already have most of the quest packs on offer and would be primarily getting it for cosmetic items; thus I went for the Heroic. XP trinket yaay etc.