Posted: Jun 10th 2011 2:59PM chuckasucka said

What is the status of balance between classes in pvp? Last I knew there was a significant imbalance. Not a troll. Legit question. If the classes were decently balanced, I think it's a great idea. If pvp is somewhat broken, then a server focusing on it might not be the best idea :-\

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 1:46AM xBludx said

@chuckasucka

You might see a lot of rangers, unless they've been seriously nerfed in the past few months.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 3:16PM Seffrid said

After all the usual clamouring for this kind of thing, it'll be interesting to see how many actually go for it.

I'm sure that whatever the balance between classes is right now, once people start to die they'll raise merry hell over how underpowered their class is compared to the ones that defeated them!

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 4:27PM Lateris said

@Seffrid No matter what Funcom does for them they will complain no matter what. You could pay their rent and they would still bitch.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 1:44AM xBludx said

@Lateris

I had to laugh at this because it's so true^^

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 4:32PM winterborn said

I think they should all start with one lvl 80 toon as well as being able to lvl lock at tiers.

This is Blood and glory not pussy PvP so there should be full player loot.

There is and never will be any true ballance in PvP with different classes and spec's.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 7:09PM Palebane said

Culture War FTW!

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 7:58PM Ghostspeaker said

I'm not interested in playing on such a server myself (FFA + looting + F2P = incoming hordes of griefers) but I'm all for giving folks more options. It also has the added bonus of making a nice reserve for all the "hardcore" folks so they don't have to whine at the rest of us anymore.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 10:45PM Jade Effect said

This would be my prediction for the server:

Lots of initial interest, servers full to bursting, then people find they can't really hack it in FFA pvp (basically, they aren't as leet as they thought), resulting in the server becoming a ghost town a month or so later.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 11:18PM 2DruNk2FraG said

@Jade Effect

I not saying that your prediction is not on track, but it is a little overblown imo. For example, I'm not the best pvper but I still like ffa full loot games. I could be the minority I suppose.

I'll be giving this a shot.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 11:46PM (Unverified) said

I love PvP more then the next guy...

but these rules are for griefing.. not pvp.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 2:22AM Graill440 said

• 1 heart
The picture tells it all, if Conan isnt happy about it why should folks still playing the game be? (ducks head)

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 10:50AM AoCPlayer said

• 1 heart
I do see the appeal of player dropped loot in a PVP death but there is an incredible imbalance between how easy some classes can kill other players while other classes struggle. How many people do you think will be running around ganking on a level 80 DT, PoM, or pretty much a any non rogue?

Rogues in AoC get an incredible advantage in that they are able to move full speed while stealthed. Rangers even get a 2nd major advantage in the fact that they have what AoC players call GP tracking and no other class can detect stealthed players or find them. Honestly, why would any person who wants to play the "ganker" role play anything other than a Ranger as no class in game other than a Ranger can find them while they are stealthed and they are free to prey on every other (tracking other players with GPS location while stealthed themselves) class in game while being in stealth and moving at full speed.

I honestly see almost no openworld PVP at level 80 if non drop items will be able to be looted upon a players death. PVP at level 80 will be almost exclusively done in mini games as no player will want to risk loosing their gear unless they know they are going to win the fight (gankign Rogue attacking a player then going back into stealth until the next victim rides by).

Craig Morrison just has no clue about PVP IMO (any just about every person who has PVP'd in AoC) and somehow he will mess up the B&G server with his incompetence. Just rename the B&G server to the Rogue server as that is all you will see at level 80 as there is no point to playing anything else.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 6:12PM (Unverified) said

@AoCPlayer "What priest is going to want to heal others when they risk loosing gear what makes them better at PVP (that precious gear they spent countless hours to acquire)? IMO, every priest will let their teammates die so they can get away and keep their gear."

Wow. I didn't think the depths of illiteracy had sunk so low.

No one is going to be losing any gear. The only items that have a random chance at dropping are non-bound items. i.e. anything that is bind on equip, or bind on pick-up will never drop. They made this perfectly clear.

Reading for the win?

And the fact that the only scenarios you can picture are 1 v 1 ganking scenarios speaks volumes about how you play the game. No guild/friends? Anti-social much? Make some friends and do some small scale PvP...it's not going to kill you, I promise; at least not irl. But ya, if you want to run around solo on you priest...knock yourself out, but you have no one but yourself to blame.

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 3:02AM free downloads said

Posted: Jun 12th 2011 3:03AM free downloads said

Posted: Jun 24th 2011 1:20AM (Unverified) said

And what will prevent this server from turning into an all out gankfest? Surely there must be some consequence for player killing...? Will there be a criminal or a law system?

Betawatch: September 13 - 19, 2014