Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:18PM (Unverified) said

You know I saw this music hall, and thought to myself, why don't I see any entertaining buildings in different MMOs. A music hall, movie theater, casino, a beach resort. There a little odd something for the MMO player with nothing to do. Maybe I'm overthinking or flashbacks of a certain FF game from my childhood. Funny thoughts.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 8:43AM Ryn said

@(Unverified) Now those are some great Ideas!! Imagine a very cool music hall where you could go and hear any music in the game, Casinos which I think would take off in almost any game, Movie theatre where you could maybe see CG clips from the game.

Iv'e been a huge fan of Game soundtracks since I started playing WOW a long time back. I don't care what anyone says, the music in WOW IMO is great and can really set the tone. Beau turned me on to the Alagon soundtrack, which you can download for free, and even if you don't play the game it's still great to listen too. GW, FE have great sound tracks too, just not sure how to get my hands on thw GW soundtrack out of game, although I imagine there are ways to get it.

When I started playing MMOS, and WOW was my first, My Boss at the time was actually the one to call the soundtrack to my attention. He was a huge music fan, and just loved the soundtrack. After I really listened to it, I began to appreciate it more and more.

I'm sure some of you have seen this as well, but still one of my favorites, definitely worth the time to check out. :

Oh and how could I forget EVE Onlines Soundtrack?? Epic

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 11:49AM Brianna Royce said

@(Unverified) SWG's got theaters, casinos, and cantinas! :D Several of UO's NPC cities have music conservatories too.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:49PM Nebhatesyou said

GWs OST is probably one of the best out there.

Some of that music is simply astounding. Looking forward to this being uploaded.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 12:12AM (Unverified) said

@Nebhatesyou Crystal Oasis from the Prophecies soundtrack is definitely my favourite.

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 11:17AM Hurbster said

@(Unverified)

Indeed, not GW but Morrwind, and one of my fave tunes of all time.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 2:41AM Valdur said

The whole GW campaigns soundtrack are a masterpiece as all Jeremy Soule music.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 3:09AM pcgneurotic said

Here in Kraków, Poland, we recently had our annual Film Music Festival, with live renditions of Final Fantasy music by its composer, Joe Hisaishi, along with live performances of new Witcher 2 music. Pretty awesome stuff, and undeniably art.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 11:38AM Tom in VA said

Love game music. Love it, love it.

The album "Play! A Video Game Symphony Live" (available on iTunes) has some nice tracks on it, if anyone is interested.

I particularly like the Guild Wars and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion parts, but it's all pretty good. :-)

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 1:58PM Joshinu said

I am hopefully going to this though it does happen during the week which is a bit of an oversight in my opinion. I have to work up till 7:30pm which is when it starts. I might be able to take off early and hit this up. Just so it's said, my wife and I also went to the Seattle Symphony "Distant Worlds" music from Final Fantasy and that was epic. Though to be fair, Nobuo Uematsu was there and was in a few of the performances (like "One Winged Angel") and that was amazing. I'm looking forward to possibly going to this. They will be doing music from WoW, Final Fantasy, Halo and a few other games as well.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 2:01PM Joshinu said

To add to that, here is the full list of games that they will be performing music from.

Global Chat: Through a monitor, darkly