Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:52PM Dril said

This looks very promising...the only issue is the PSĀ£ exclusivity. It seems like a real waste to me, but, hey, I'm not a CCP manager.

One question: you mentioned ships being able to bombard from orbit during battles, and artillery on the planet's surface hitting the ships...but can ships kill the artillery? Or is the case that to actually impact the surface you need marines, not just your ship?

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:53PM Dril said

@Dril

The pound sign wasn't intentional..but I suppose it could be fitting in the circumstances :O

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 1:24PM SnarlingWolf said

• Half a heart
@Dril

In modern times it is utterly ridiculous to release console specific titles. It truly isn't that much work to make a game that runs on both the XBox 360 and the PS3, and you double your audience size. It is just so foolish to do the "I'm only going to release this on one platform, screw you other guys."

I know I would never, ever, spend the money on a console just to gain access to a specific title I was interested in. That is a complete waste of money. Fortunately in this case I am not overly interested yet.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 1:48PM DemonXaphan said

@SnarlingWolf If you would have read why they went with Sony only you would then understand the reason.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 2:03PM madbassman39 said

@Dril I don't have a proper gaming PC, so releasing this on the PS3 gained a possible consumer in me, along with every other PS3 user out there.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 2:40PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
@Dril

Ya the game and what they are trying to do overall is awesome, BUT like you said the PS3 exclusivity just ruins it for those of us who have no desire to buy a PS3. If they aren't willing to give us an Xbox choice , then they should at least make it also available on the PC. That way we XBOX-owning EVE players (and those who own neither) can still participate without having to buy a totally unwanted console.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 2:46PM (Unverified) said

@madbassman39 I with mad on this one i know for a fact my comp wont play dust514. and they said multiple times why it waasnt on pc or xbox.....lets just be happy we have something new out there besides Call of duty

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 2:57PM SnarlingWolf said

• Half a heart
@DemonXaphan
You mean the speculation that with XBox's rules it MAY not have been possible? Ya I read that.

If you're going to use that as the reason why isn't it on PC? No update rules there.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 2:58PM paterah said

• Half a heart
@(Unverified) "...totally unwanted console", I assume you speak for yourself?

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 3:30PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
@paterah

Form these posts alone it is plain to see that a lot of people have no desire to purchase a PS3 just for this game. Maybe you love the PS3 and that's fine, but many people don't give a crap about the PS3. For me, and a seemingly substantial number of others, Eve and Dust514 is very much wanted but having to buy a PS3 for it...not so much.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 3:50PM TheSpatialist said

@SnarlingWolf Another interview covered this as well. They stated that they didn't want to cannibalize their player base on the PC. They also said it wasn't out of the question entirely to have a pc release but that at the moment, they only plan for ps3.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 4:38PM paterah said

@(Unverified) Many people don't give a crap about PS3 and many do. Besides, CCP has said long before that Dust would be a console exclusive so I don't see a reason to whine now, in other words, deal with it.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 5:17PM Sabbatai said

@(Unverified) ...If you have a PC that can handle it.

I mean I have all the consoles and a gaming PC but some people don't. No game company should feel they have to cater to every audience. They also have a valid reason for not releasing on 360 even if it isn't the reason they'd give you. It is even mentioned in the article.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 5:34PM (Unverified) said

@paterah

When they mentioned that Dust514 would be exclusive to consoles that was back when it was still a possibility for both the PS3 and Xbox, enabling a greater number of people to play and enjoy the game. Now that they have limited the player-base to only PS3 users many people are understandably upset. As others have mentioned expanding the game to the PC to give more people an option to play the game is still being considered, so their is nothing wrong with supporting that idea.

You may want to try to stop whining about people wanting something that you don't and learn to deal with opinions other than your own.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 6:49PM Mode7James said

@SnarlingWolf

I totally purchased a console for the sole purpose of buying a game - Final Fantasy 7 for Playstation One.

I'm a total Xbox fanboy now, but I will purchase a PS3 and all of the crazy gear just to play Dust, and based on what I know of Xbox's network and the PS3's cell architecture, I think making it PS3 only is a valid and good decision. Not to mention the tremendous push that Sony can give to CCP, and thus EVE Online by proxy, because remember that it's now in Sony's best interest that EVE Online does well too.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 11:05PM Arsinek said

@Dril Now all they have to do is make Dust514 for PC and make EVE so you can aim your own guns and control your ship without clicking and theyd have something to surpass wow.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:53PM (Unverified) said

Before everybody goes off and says "omg its not on pc" listen they did announce it is POSSIBLE it is gonna be on pc also.

Anyways...Looks amazing i personally own a ps3 it will be nice to iteract with a whole new crowd. And i recently red a interview where every vehicle you see in video is player driven...Pants changed

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 1:29PM Space Cobra said

@(Unverified)

It does sound pretty interesting, and I am not even an EvE player.

Might give this a try. Let those that hate games and want to be loyal to one console do whatever they want.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:53PM ApathyCurve said

• Half a heart
Never gonna work.

EVE is about patience, ingenuity and long-range strategic planning. The average console-tard has the attention span of a gnat afflicted with Alzheimer's -- and the FPS kiddies are the worst of the lot.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 1:01PM Dril said

@ApathyCurve

You do know DUST is an FPS, right?

And in an FPS, patience and long-range strategic planning aren't really that important. EVE players'll be conducting the high drama, calculated risks and grand military plans.

DUST players will be conducting the twitchy, high-octane, terrestrial skirmishes that EVE doesn't really have..at all...since it's in space.

I fail to see how this will, well, fail.