Posted: Jun 9th 2011 10:39AM Nandini said

Reapers = Reavers I'm guessing, and mobile questgivers were first introduced in the Evendim revamp in Update 3 last month. I'm glad we'll be seeing more use of this mechanic!

Good reporting on this one. It's the best (and most accurate) overview of features I've seen yet!

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:07AM Nerves said

They used the mobile quest giver in the revamped Annuminas zone and it was great. Not only can you summon him to hand in/collect quests, but he'll lend a hand as well.

As for the ftp PvP, I hope they'll reconsider only allowing reavers in PvMP - I think they should allow the defiler as well. (keeping it just to orcs, not uruks, spiders and wargs)

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:10AM Khalus said

• 1 heart
ARGH.....damnit Turbine, this is ridiculous!

~ "We also learned that the virtue cap will be raised from 10 to 12, giving players more ways to increase their character's stats." ~

This needs to be raised to like 18-20 instead. I havn't played in nearly 2yrs, but I did log back in a bit this past week to see where my character was when I last played, how far she had been progressed. I recall heavily getting into the deeds system, and I've seriously completed every deed possibly in the open world, save for several of the raid zones cause I never did like raiding.

Anyway, looking at my Virtues menu atm, and although capped at 10 across the board, every one of my virtues say Rank 10 with a {12}, {13}, or {14} near by, meaning thats what its true rank is. And I havn't even touched Mirkwood yet, so many of those virtues would rank even higher once done with the deeds there!

So basically once Isengard launches, my virtues would be instantly rank capped again from progress I made over two years ago....good grief! And then think about how high my virtues would be after doing all the Isengard content!

I know this seems silly to bawk about, but it makes no sense to offer so many Virtue ranks, yet keep the rank cap so low! Yeah I understand that not everyone goes to such lengths either to complete every deed, even ones that are pointless and useless to a Minstrel {my char.} or their class of choice....but good grief! heh

I was quite interested in returning to LOTRO for Isengard but after reading this, I honestly dunno if I want to anymore!

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:30AM Nerves said

@Khalus
the bottom line is that Virtues just aren't as important as they used to be. I don't disagree with you, I think they should have beefed them up to 15, (one virtue rank per 5 levels as it was initially), but I wouldn't get caught up in it.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:32AM Nerves said

@Nerves
Oh, I remember now that virtues didn't get capped at 10 until moria. If you go by that, there should be 1 virtue every 6 levels. Which for a level 75 is 12.

Nevermind.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 1:51PM (Unverified) said

@Khalus I have to think a lot of people simply don't have that problem. Most people I play with don't get their most important virtues to 10 even by the time they're 65, much less all of them. That must take an exceedingly large amount of time, given the grindiness of the required deeds.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 5:49PM JaySpeed said

@Khalus

You're not gonna play just because the cap on traits isn't raised more than 2? Personally I HATE trait grinding so I wish they never raised traits again. I'm 10 on all my slotted traits and it was mind numbingly boring getting them to that. Kill 450 bears just to get an extra 50 morale. No thanks!

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:29AM Zuljundwumn said

Although I welcome the ne new story, I would have enjoyed a new class...

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 11:43AM delphinius81 said

• 1 heart
No mention on the grind-fest that is the current end-game...

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 3:03PM Celtar said

@delphinius81

As if almost all mmorpgs aren't massive grind fests at the cap?

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 3:33PM Vagrant Zero said

@delphinius81 MMORPGs say hi2u.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:50PM Elinnea said

Great write-up! I think I already care about saving those people. =)

It's nice to have some information at last on what's planned for the expansion. There's a lot to look forward to.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 3:24PM JoeH42 said

The mobile quest givers sounds good, they just need to do something about the 'epic' questline being 60% "go talk to this person. Now go talk to this other person." I was trying to keep count the other day and I think book 7 has you go talk to NINE different people in a row before you're sent on a quest that involves actually fighting anyone. That's not epic, it's a snoozefest and hopefully they'll change that some day.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 5:29PM alphaman00 said

@JoeH42 To some extent, yes, but that's ignoring the actual story being presented, even if you get it just by talking to the person. Yeah, maybe reading isn't what you expect out of gameplay, but there is quite a lot actually there.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 4:10PM Nepentheia said

"Crafting will head into Tier 7 with plenty of new recipes to boot."

Gah! I was kinda ambivalent about this expansion pack... until I read that. Crafting is something I actually really enjoy doing in this game... and those bastages are luring me back in, again! ;-)

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 6:33PM Armequen said

All very good stuff. 10 more levels, trait/virtue increases, crafting level increases, phasing, mobile quest givers. . . well worth the continued wait since the last expansion.

Already pre-ordered and ready to go!

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 8:23PM Delvie said

No mentions of changes to mitigation/armor? Reason I ask is that Orion keeps saying there will be some news about these at E3 in the Minstrel forums. Not sure it really would be something reported on because it's more of a technical topic but figured I'd ask.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 9:43PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

More rep grinds, more boring questing. No thanks.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 5:33AM JoeH42 said

Reading is great. Having to port to another location and ride around on my mount for 2 or 3 minutes just to read another section of text is what I don't appreciate. It also feels like they're padding it with some of the quests. "Nope I don't know what this is go talk to Elrond." "Nope I don't know what this is go talk to my blacksmiths." "Hmmm, I think I know what it is but you'd better go talk to another blacksmith about it." C'mon! And if they feel it necessary for you to go talk to Elrond for purposes of lore (rather than just having one character tell you all this information) they could at least port you right over to him. I'm aware that the books are indeed books about travelling to locations but I'm not playing video games because I like riding from point A to point B a dozen times. Rivendell is lovely, but I see it often enough tyvm.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 5:35AM JoeH42 said

@JoeH42 That was supposed to be a reply to Alphaman, but now that I've posted it I see no way or removing it or moving it's location. *shrugs*