Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:35PM Taawa said

Excellent Post, Brandon! Cryptic gets lots of grief which seems to stem from the rocky, too soon launch of Champions and STO. But you can tell the developers on these projects feel deeply for their work. And this transparency conveys that sense of dedication and ownership.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:59PM Lenn said

I hate STO. And I love it. I don't know what it is about that game. Every so often I resubscribe for a bit, have an absolute blast for two weeks, and then all of a sudden complete boredom and disgust set in again. It's the oddest thing. I'm noticing the same thing happening in CO. It must be a Cryptic thing.

You can tell a lot of love has gone into making this game, and it certainly has come a long, long way since its launch, but it still, imho, lacks some fundamentals like open space (let us beam down to any planet, let space be open and uninterrupted) and more engaging away missions. The space combat is great, but sluggish as hell.

Still, seeing how far they've come, it would be interesting to see where the game is a year or two from now.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 2:01PM Space Cobra said

It's funny you mentioning late night posts because that tended to happen early on, even after launch (I should go back to visit again, I do, but I can get too involved and read so much!).

Many people don't even check the Dev tracker or have a "good eye" to scan posts where a Dev might chime in on a topic conversation that has veered and he answers something. Really, I understand not using "Search" or even not getting the right hits with it, but many people felt then that Cryptic was ignoring them when they already answered the same question in another post.

That's just how the forum-games are played, particularly ones with MANY posts/threads. I wish more people would understand that: Devs are human and miss posts (or already responded and don't feel like responding to the same question 2 to 3 or more times) just as posters may not search (or fail in locating topics of interest) so they post and get miffed when a Dev does not answer them.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 6:55PM Firix said

I am also a Dev STOlker.

It is an obsession.

Damn you Cryptic!

*refreshes Dev tracker again, praying for Season 4 on Tribble*

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 6:55PM (Unverified) said

@Firix It's even worse when you have it pushed to your cell phone as a text message ><

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 7:25PM Firix said

@(Unverified) Haha, why do we do this to ourselves lol?

Ahhh well

*refresh*

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 6:09PM Brianna Royce said

Hi everyone,

This and all other comment threads on Massively are subject to our code of conduct -- http://massively.joystiq.com/codeofconduct/ -- so please respect our rules and keep it clean, no trolling, no flaming, etc. This is not the place for you to air your grievances with the moderators at *other* forums, either. :p Thanks for your cooperation!

-Bree

Posted: Jun 11th 2011 7:37AM seannewboy said

Great column, excellent read.

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 9:24AM Eryxx said

I've been playing STO since launch and while it has come a long, long way, it does still have a ways to go.
Season 4 ground combat revamp is on the Tribble test server and it does help the "fun factor" quite a bit.
The new Starfleet Academy zone pictured above looks like it is going to be incredible, can't wait!