Posted: Jun 8th 2011 4:18PM Space Cobra said

"But on the other hand, I did get frustrated a few times when I went to purchase basic things like ship ammunition or improved ship upgrades only to find that I'd have to travel across the map to pick it up."

Wow! They STILL have that?

That used to bug me to no end. I appreciate 'realism', but not in MMOs: Call me the UPS Monkey riding parrots to air-mail me such common things next day!

I think I understand why (since people can craft these things they sell it at whatever port they are at). But yeah...they travel time was...a bit ugh, especially if you are low on cannonballs.

I probably should jump in again. Part of the SOE plan or f2p or a bit of both?

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 5:43PM Sonoran said

There've been lots of ideas about getting around the port pickup issues through the years include NPC delivery. :)

I think FLS likes the game in a game market inefficiencies this creates. I used to sell cannon ammunition in ports that had lots of missions for leveling players but were always in the red. Since no one else supplied ammunition there and no one wanted to run the red to fetch it (except me) I could charge a premium.

One thing PoTBS does have that is great is buy orders, which I think can really help match production with demand.

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 6:31PM WyattEarp89 said

I might stop by and say hello on June 22nd. I have not played this game since Closed Beta. I just found my info to my old account for the beta and to my surprise my character was still their and I had my pre-order parrot sitting on her shoulder.

I will have to check this game out again, it was fun but the game just seemed to have died off too fast back when it came out.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 12:36AM Charger said

After reading, I am defintiely going to revisit PotBS.

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 1:18AM Saintwalker31livecom said

That screenshot looks amazing

Posted: Jun 9th 2011 6:23AM crazypoker said

Beautiful game indeed. Its srongest part.

WoW Archivist: Epics