Posted: Jun 25th 2011 6:11AM Armequen said

I'm thrilled. Was starting to lose interest during the recent quiet period. Well worth the investment for this expansion!

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 8:42AM Oskari said

I've got to say that while Rift has been enjoyable, LOTRO has always been my home. I am definitely going to need to reinstall and try out these new outfits and mounts.

Posted: Jun 10th 2011 12:17AM mattwo said

Is it to late to inb4 "they're taking the hobbits to Isengard"?

Posted: Aug 20th 2011 8:37PM TWC said

I have life sub but i cant bring myself to preorder Lotro's Isengard'I feel ive hit rock bottom in this game all i can foresee is more grind and possible daily repeat rinse.
Maddalions to farm,new legandary items to level up again,i already feel demorilised by the thought of leveling all my alts10 more levels just to realise im just level 75 and in the same position i was in when maxed out at 65.
Maybe ive just played too many MMO's like this and been there done it got the badge can't be arsed going along with the mindless destruction of my hard earned items every expansion and every level cap.
The eye candy is maybe all that will be different,rinse repeat to me is a lazy way to develop a game,players will get bored unless Turbine offer something more than Orcs Goblins Wolves and Worms to kill.
As for 24 man raid GL with the time spent grinding that epic gear that you can again destroy next expansion:)
I like the 3 man instances but hate the madallion grind of 350 or so a set and now we have ar too many sets like novice set starter set advanced moron set all the way up to epic super hero legandary no lifer sets.
I feel Lotro has become the same as every other lame grinding MMO out there.
But Lotro has great graphics if you are able to play it on ultra setting its still a great looking game,NTB in 3D too i think Nvidia 3D vision rates it now as good in there latest driver release.
When youve lost the will to grind over and over and hate losing the last sets of gear you worked hard for i think you lose faith in the game also,people arnt stupid they wake up one day and think WTF do i realy want to destroy perfectly good gear again just to start over and grind level 75.
Thats how i feel every time a new level cap hits the game.
Its the standard way to keep morons playing.
Why cant they just leave the level cap alone and think about just giving players content thats pure fun to play and that in itself would be enough for me and my alts.
Like every game out there if you dont grind like a moron you get im an asshole sets of gear and become a laughing stock to the comunity,erm why cant we just have a chance of a epic drop when even playing solo or in a 3 man,only bigger rgoup content rewards players in lotro now,they even removed legandary item drops for solo players at least there was something to look forward that you could sell and feel like you had some sort of solo play reward.
When they fix all this ill rethink about buying Isengard.
Least i can pop in and check the game for free on VIP life sub.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM