Posted: Jun 7th 2011 11:49PM Xpress0 said

• 1 heart
@halfcaptain

And sorry, what is that utility? Maybe I'm just dense, but I'm not seeing it?
All I'm seeing is a costly replacement for the hangar screen that doesn't actually do anything gameplaywise.

And looking at the fanfest videos, I'm still at loss as to what the actual gameplay in Incrana is?

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 4:36PM Daemodand said

Gratz EVE! You are now where Galaxies was in 2004. Keep up the good work!

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 8:10PM Arsinek said

@Daemodand Now thats funny right there.

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 8:39PM halfcaptain said

@Daemodand

The only funny thing about that comment is that it's a hilariously ignorant thing to say. One, they're totally different games, and two, I'm guessing you know less than nothing about EVE as it exists already. There's enough sour couch commentating from everyone else without you throwing a halfass opinion in the mix.

Btw, SWG was great, but like i said before, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they're radically different MMOs.

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 4:38AM Rodj Blake said

I'm sure that it will look very nice, and that I'll be staring open-mouthed at my montitor during the ten minutes that it will take to explore all the new content offered by Captain's Quarters.

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 2:59AM (Unverified) said

@Rodj Blake You just gave me the idea to go around my house, and rate all of the rooms for how much new content they have to offer.

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 8:27AM Xilmar said

Many many people comment on these things without actually playing the game...and i just hope the same people will be commenting after incarna hits, they get a 14 day trial, and realize that the game is kinda the same.

I loled especially hard reading the comment of the guy talking about "playing the market". My dear friend, marketeering is an advanced professions that requires a lot of knowledge of the game. Sure, you can make a billion in an hour, but it's not something a noob can do.

CQ brings, let's say, 5 hours of actual gameplay, maybe 10 if you wanna be a fashion consultant irl. After that, it's the same game, and most of the "i wanted to play, but wasn't for me" people will be confronted with the same issues as before.

But hey, i hope everyone will get a trial. maybe when they see that only a few actually subscribe more than 1-2 months, they'll stop saying that it's good for eve. coz it's good for ccp, for dust and wod, not for the internet spaceship game.

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 5:56PM Callagan said

@Xilmar

They were going to work on Incarna anyway for WoD and other future MMOs. They've just decided to add it to EvE so their man fanbase can actually get something from all the time and energy they've spent on making it.

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 5:57PM Callagan said

@Callagan

Main, even.* Why can't I edit my comments, massively. :(

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 6:22PM Xilmar said

@Callagan

Yes, the carbon tech would have been made, for WoD and probably Dust as well. It's amazing technology and if they put as much time and effort in the WoD gameplay, it's going to blow peoples' minds. And here comes the but...

As much as it will help the company and wod (and possibly dust), it brings little to eve, even in the long run. Incarna will be the second expansion of the pack, and even with 2 more, it won't be amazing.

They did not just "decide" to strap that into the game. Incarna is just the first major expansion, with more to come. and the majority will bring little real gameplay value to the game as well.

I'm not saying it's shit or anything, what i said was "it's good for ccp, for dust and wod, not for the internet spaceship game." Personally, a gameplay fixing expansion, with very little new content, would have been amazing. I'll play around with CQ, change a couple outfits, look at my beautiful ship in the hangar...And after a total of 5 hours max, i'll undock and do what i've been doing for years.

and yeah, not having an edit button, at least for the first few mins after posting, is annoying sometimes.

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 1:27PM Zyrusticae said

The incredible stupidity and shortsightedness in display in any Incarna-related comments thread continues to absolutely amaze me.

Keep ignoring the fact that it's the first step of a very big expansion, folks. You're doing a bang-up job of it!

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 2:42PM Xpress0 said

@Zyrusticae

Well ok then. Riddle me this.

Let's say the next 3-4 expansions are about expanding Incarna to get to the core of the "very big expansion" as you put it.

Will you *please* tell me what the actual *gameplay* is going to be about?

It's 2013 and I'm sitting here with EVE on my shiny new PC. The wife and the kids are away and I have the evening for myself - I'm logging in.

In the past I would have:
- tried to x-up for a quick roam around the neighborhood in order to score some explosions, (unless there was a Alliance op posted)
- done some upkeep of corp assets like fueling towers, arranging freighter runs + jumps for supplies from Empire, managing our build queues if our local market was lacking ammo/other essentials)
- or chatted some with the possible recruits on our corp public chan (with associated background checks)
- done some diplomacy with our neighboring space empire.

...Or perhaps I would have ran a quick sanctum or two for some loose ISK.

Now - back in the future with my new shiny computer and EVE - *what* is the fantastic Incarna enabled avatar gameplay I'm about to fervently launch into?

I have 6 hours to spend.

Please enlighten me o' master of long term game-design?

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 3:58PM Khai mann said

@Xpress0

You can can play dress up with your new Avatar :) And pay $$ for it as well.

I'm 100% with you on this.

Posted: Jun 8th 2011 6:23PM Xilmar said

@Xpress0

replying to the truth

Posted: Jun 19th 2011 3:02AM (Unverified) said

@Xpress0 Controlling an avatar from a third-person perspective while interacting with other avatars? What gameplay possibilities could possibly come from this?

Massively's MMO guide to Halloween 2014

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 11:00AM

The Daily Grind: Do you defend your favorite MMO?

Posted on Oct 30th 2014 8:00AM