Posted: Jun 7th 2011 7:23PM TheGreatMachine said

Looks good aside from the new armors. Hard to get enthusiastic about grinding for those eyesores.

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 7:30PM Unshra said

Ah Krypto the Superdog, that is too cute. I wish at least one of the hero MMOs would let us create a four legged hero.

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 8:29PM (Unverified) said

I see no reason to resub ... can't belive they were working on this title for 5 years

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 8:56PM Valkenr said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified)

Yeah, this game should have been advertised for what it is, a game for farmville players who want more action.

And there should be no subbing at all, SOE just realized how stupid people are, and that they could actually get people to sub to a game with 1/5 the play time of your run of the mill MMO. The game was set to be F2P (highly suggested, soe doesn't believe in disclosing absolutes after SWG players burned them as hard as it did) up until late late late second closed beta, my friends got in closed beta and told me it was f2p/box price (guild wars esque), then SOE said: 1 month = new patch (with content) = why we sub, then SOE went to: 1 month = 1 hotfix = no new justification for sub, soo HA, in your face for thinking we've changed.

They are the first publisher to put game that is in league with lego universe for the same price as a sub worthy MMO.

Why is it every time I say anything about DCUO or SOE it turns into a quasi-rant/SOE bash? Maybe it's because its a company with development teams run by unskilled pseudo-gamers with no higher than associate degrees?

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 8:43PM Skyydragonn said

Hey Look the WoW-ification has begun.
Now it will be just like WoW with its stories, always some enemy more important than your hated nemesis. While I enjoy DCUO sometimes I have to stop and wonder...."god why..."

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 9:08PM mysecretid said

I really wanted to like DCUO at launch, and I recently went back for awhile, thanks to Sony's official "We're Sorry" for their technical fu*k up.

There are things I think the game does really well (the city environments, for one example), but it still has the same two serious problems it had the first time:

1) too many servers for the number of players.

There /are/ people playing on the PC servers, but they're spread so thin, almost every server feels like a ghost town.

The developers have said that consolidating servers is a major priority. Sooner would be better than later.

2) not enough content.

This is the kryptonite bullet to DCUO's head. If they can't fix this, the game is quickly destined for F2P -- because people won't pay a monthly fee for this little content -- and then possibly dead.

There's simply not enough plot-based mission content past a certain point in the game.

Sure, there are repeatable group-raids, and PvP arenas, and such -- but, too often, these feel like "hey, make your own fun together kids, cuz we got nothin' new for ya".

If you just want to log in and play your hero or villain through a few superhero stories in a superhero world, you'll run out of solo things to do surprisingly quickly.

Don't get me wrong. I /want/ to like DCUO. The problem is, the basic mechanics are in place, but there's still not enough of a /game/ there.

My opinions, anyway.

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 9:39PM Wolf Am I said

@mysecretid

they are making "super servers" from what I understand in will be like COs system. one big server with different instance of the cities you can connect to with different rule sets. So some will be PVE and other will be open world PVP.

I agree there is nothing to do when you hit 30 other than raid grind. I played on an open world PVP server and none of the pvp seemed meaning full and there was barely any reward for it. Not to mention the 30s in actually pvp gear hanging around starter zones.

Also hated the lack of powersets and unfortunatley I saw recently that new one won't be out "for quite awhile" which is very disapointing to me. Also the lack of customization for them was annoying too. I heard somthing about DC having to ok color changes bc of the IP. Which makes no sense to me.