Posted: Jun 6th 2011 11:53AM Irem said

I read more than I play. Actually, I might read about MMOs more than I do most other things...maybe I should take a second look at that. >_>

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 11:59AM alphaman00 said

Definitely more reading, but then I enjoy reading/foruming about a game. Especially in an MMO, where it's part of the larger community.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 12:01PM Noviere said

Too much. Even when(maybe especially when?) I don't have an MMO to play... like now. C'mon TOR/GW2.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 12:19PM adreasy said

Hardcore players spend 8+ hours b/c when your not playing your probably at work bored to death or miles away from your pc...reading is the only thing to help pass the time!...(I'm at work now) :P

Casual players spend 4+ hours because they play for about 4 a day and get beat or trump'd by a true gamer and figure to get better I must read...read more own more!...(good logic)

Noob players spend 0 hours b/c that's why there noobs...read more cry less!...(sadface =[ Rage quit ...has disconnected from the server!)

bumpin bumpin...

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 1:22PM Palebane said

Almost none. I consider most of it to be spoilers, used by lazy players who don't really want to play the game. They just want to finish it as fast and easily as possible. Ah well to each their own.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 1:38PM Sorithal said

I read a ton about games. Not just MMOs though.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 2:49PM wfseg said

A lot

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 2:54PM pixledriven said

What else am I going to do at work?

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 3:07PM Wisdomandlore said

The amount of time I spend reading about games is directly proportional to how bored I am at work, divided by the laxity of my employer's internet policy.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 4:18PM Space Cobra said

Same as most people here.

More time reading than playing. That includes forums, community, "kicking your shoes off" and general news.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 4:52PM VioletArrows said

Save for a handful of games, reading about games at this point seems to be more interesting than actually playing them.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 5:20PM (Unverified) said

Definitely reading a lot more than playing these days. In between flitting around RPG's, shooters and Minecraft like a nervous Chihuahua with ADD I spend the balance of my time reading (and re-reading) anything and everything that I can about Guild Wars 2.

Once GW2 launches the only reading I'll be doing is the minimal quest text in game :-D

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 6:52PM Shazzie said

I read websites and/or forums that cover the game(s) I'm playing, whether they be MMO or not, and perhaps any other game or two that's high on my interest list. Then I have sites like Massively, which I visit for MMO coverage in general, and other websites for computer gaming in general.

Time spent reading vs. time spent playing is hard to judge. I read really fast, though, so probably playing outweighs the reading. ;)

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 7:32PM Poordevil said

I am kind of balanced between reading, posting, and playing. If I am enjoying a game I love reading others opinions about it and posting my own. But if I am not playing I don't read or post much. Playing is the catalyst that gets me reading and posting.

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 1:02AM SKYeXile said

Yea i read a lot, currently subbed to COH and planetside..its more entertaining reading the planetside forums than playing the game.

Posted: Jun 7th 2011 7:08AM Graill440 said

Cant really give times, unless i am interested or been screwed over i bypass alot, though proper research can take time and money. Get my attention however and i will focus on a particular "subject" until a solution is achieved.

Posted: Aug 25th 2011 9:29PM Lumin said

I spend quite a lot of time reading about the games I play. This includes specific fansite forums, my guild's forums, blogs, and the wiki.

I don't browse wiki out of boredom. If I'm on wiki, it's usually because I have a specific mechanic, item, skill or quest that I want more info about.

All other venues are a mix of boredom, sometimes asking questions of the community, and staying up to date with community news.