Posted: Jun 5th 2011 3:10PM pcgneurotic said

This is truly great news. Prime is the best reboot since Armada (but G1 rules them alllllll!)

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 3:36PM Kitanishi said

@pcgneurotic

Three words:

browser based game.

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 8:51PM Zach Adams said

@Kitanishi I firmly believe we're heading for a world where most if not all licensed MMOs are browser-based, SWTOR being the primary exception. You look at the outlay of cash vs. intake of Battlestar Galactica or Clone Wars Adventures, and compare that to DC Online, Star Trek Online, or pre-F2P Conan and DDO. It may offend the hardcore gamers, but it's a hell of a lot safer from the licensor and licensee's point of view.

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 4:14PM Zethe said

This is the scifi browser game they're working on?

Or are they working on several?

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 4:35PM (Unverified) said

@Zethe they are also working on Stellar Dawn, but they've been pretty quiet about that one.

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 5:22PM Zethe said

Thats the one, a friends college mate is working on that, he was supprisingly tight lipped on the subject though. Wouldn't give us any details.

I thought maybie they had scrapped it or changed the project.

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 6:51PM Interitus said

I would have liked to see it set in G1 universe right before the movie. You get a big variety of transformers. Decepticons have Cybertron, Autobots have Autobot city. I think it could have eeb a really good setting.

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 8:38PM Space Cobra said

I know, this is just preliminary work, but it does seem rather "lite".

Only 4 areas (torso, arms, legs and...head?) and two separate color schemes it seems.

The thing is, this "propped-shirt guy" was promising many things under the sun. Possible graphics you designed, flames, other characters. Why a print-out? It's probably just for the con, but it seems like a "kid-friendly" thing to me (and yes, kid-friendly ain't bad, but he did mention long-time hard-core fans).

Really, it's still too early at this stage of development to tell. I need to see more. I don't know if he's making "pie-in-the-sky" promises or what.

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 1:47AM (Unverified) said

He was using a touch screen. It's also browser based. It most likely will be playable on tablets.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014