Posted: Jun 5th 2011 1:04AM ZerothAngel said

@Xii

Agreed. I wish more MMOs would move beyond the whole unique-name-per-server thing. Or even make an effort. Pretty much anything is a step up, from the 2-word minimum of Guild Wars names to the (unique) last name and (non-unique) first name system of Tabula Rasa. Even FFXIV based uniqueness on the entirety of the first name/last name you chose.

And also agree with UnSub. Cryptic's global handle system is quite possibly the best solution for a superhero MMO. They're unobtrusive -- you don't see them over people's heads and you can easily turn them off in chat. Yet it's just a simple matter of mousing over someone's name in chat or right-clicking on their portrait to see their @handle. Not to mention that when sending tells, the UI will autocomplete and help you differentiate between duplicate character names.

Being concept-centric, I absolutely hated hunting for names in CoH...

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 11:48PM ZachDude said

Am I still in the massively league? Because I go to the social tab, and am at the league admin tab, but I can't see any friends, or league members, no way to do so... no button, nothing.... is this a common bug? Fix? Been trying to get back into the game, but kinda hard with this getting in the way.

-Barbarian Bob

Posted: Jun 6th 2011 2:53AM pcgneurotic said

The UU is a side dish. Admittedly, a really really great, yummy one, but still not the main 616 course. So they can reboot that all they want to, even though it wasn't *really* a reboot so much as just smashing everything to pieces and rebuilding from the wreckage.

And the movies are, again, a whole separate thing. Movie continuity and comic continuity are distinct - oh sure, they influence each other, but movie continuity is not 616 continuity. So really, they can do what they like with that. But I see your point, and it's a damn good one anyway.

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 3:07PM (Unverified) said

Well I was deciding if I wanted to come back. I love the game love the RP but I can't stand the way things are being handled.

Now I know the fact that the server was down isn't directly their fault, but the game has been slowly dwindling and a server merge was inevitably going to happen. The should have been more prepared for it.

I'll try it out a few times during the free timeframe. If the sun doesn't shine then I think I may have to put the game down.

This is a damned shame since the combat was a blast. The graphics where great and RP community was pretty strong on Virtue and Vice.