Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 7:27PM Resurge said

a pro-F2P article on massively. What a shocker. I mean ..who saw that coming?

On a serious note, this game should go F2P ..I'd try it out.

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 10:03AM ActiveNick said

@Resurge There are a LOT more F2P MMOs out there than subscription based ones. If Massively ignored F2P MMOs, there would not be much left to cover...

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 7:43PM (Unverified) said

errrr tried both and no dice...wth mass?!

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 9:01PM Popplewell said

"and PvEers who take their time or don't play often"

That rather says it all content wise.

My problem with FE (apart from everything being brown) was that it's supposed to be post apocalyptic but there's just nothing threatening about it.

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 12:25AM (Unverified) said

Meh ... Id give it a shot

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 10:04AM ActiveNick said

I've been wanting to try this game for a while. I like sandbox MMOs and even if FE is not perfect, I am curious to see thensetting, gameplay and what it has to offer. I'll downloadthe trial thai weekend, and if it goes F2P, I'll definitely add it to my roster.

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 10:57AM Resurge said

I didn't say they shouldn't cover them. I just think it might be interesting if they ever gave a f2p conversion a less than glowing review. SOME f2p's are awful, but you would never know it by reading Massively. Personally I like sub games and some f2p's, but there are bad ones in both grps. I have just never seen any Massively writer comment that f2p might not be the best thing ever for a particular game.

Come to think of it, you hardly ever see a negative review on this site of any game. Maybe it's just not that kind of site, maybe game companies have $ in this site, maybe they just genuinely love every MMO that ever comes out ..i dunno.

Regardless, none of that really matters ..i was just having a bit of fun and commenting on something i noticed and thought was interesting.

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 11:19AM ActiveNick said

Ugh, I just took a better look at the game screenshots and videos... man, why does it look like a 10 year old game? I had way better graphics in SWG in 2003...

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 12:08PM Bhagpuss said

I really liked Fallen Earth when I played it for a couple of months back at launch. If it goes F2P I'll drop in now and again, but the simple fact is that it's not the subscription charge that stops me playing FE now.

It's that there are only 24 hours in the day and once you take out work and sleep, even if you wanted to do nothing else but play it would only leave enough time for a handful of MMOs. I'm all in favor of good games going F2P in theory, but in practice I'm still not going to be able to play many of them regularly.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM