Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 11:18AM Eamil said

Trading Imperial faction for Balthazar faction? Sign me up. Even at a three-to-one exchange rate, that'll help me a LOT with exchanging faction for Zaishen keys, since I don't care about maxing my Kurzick title as long as I can get it to rank 4 for the hall of monuments.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 11:38AM (Unverified) said

I must say that I love the update and I feel enthusiastic about playing the Alliance Battles again and unlock a ton of lite skills for my heroes. 5K Imperial Faction per AB win is sweet and we can buy elite tomes from the Ember Beach vendor :)

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 11:40AM Arkanaloth said

Still not interested in PVP.

only time I've done PVP in GW was: 1) in the transition point from pre to post searing and 2) getting Canthan Cartographer is nearly impossible without going into the PVP areas and mapping.

IMO PVP zones shouldn't even count toward cartographer cause it results in people going there just for the title and totally dorking up people who go there to fight.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 12:39PM Seldra said

@Arkanaloth That's always been an issue with me, but with such a small live team on GW1 I really don't think they have the time to go back and fix stuff just yet. Too focused on moving forward.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 1:05PM chuckasucka said

I've just started toying with GW PvP. I'm an awful noob, but hopefully this will get some more buzz about it in the forums and what not and I'll be able to learn more from people. :)

Definitely makes me wanna buy all 3 games so that I can have that experience of unlocking elite skills and have the full breadth of skills for builds and such. Theorycrafting is happening already! D:

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 3:53PM C Rose said

I too have just re-started GW after not playing for nearly 5 years and I'm totally lost. Hehe.

I played back before there were any new campaigns besides Prophecies and now I just recently bought the Trilogy and I'm learning the game over again completely.

Back then I leveled a Ranger to about 17 and never really got into PvP at all. But now with a lull in the MMO market (a lull for me that is) I've turned back to a game I only had a brief but wonderful experience in.
I've been loving it so far (again) and hope this will help hold me over until TOR and GW2 are released, because everything else I turn to disappoints me somewhat.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 8:40PM Eamil said

@C Rose

http://wiki.guildwars.com/ was a godsend for me when I started playing last year.

WRUP: WildStar's sadface