Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 1:02PM (Unverified) said

This game was a LOT more fun than I was expecting. I was thinking maybe a different flavor of something like Iris online, but this doesn't have the 'back and forth' grind that Iris has and the graphics, though not my favorite style, look very good.

Worth a shot, for sure!

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 1:20PM DevilSei said

@(Unverified)

Aye, the grind is gentle, even compared to some P2P games, skills and animations are clean and even awesome at times.

Best part, I have to say, is the outfit customization. While it sucks that armor you get doesn't change appearances, the outfit system for each class more than makes up for it, and the fact you can dye and color certain parts just makes it better.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 2:23PM Ghostspeaker said

@(Unverified)

Totally agreed. The art style is a little bit childish for my tastes but the game itself is great. Loads of fun. I just might stick around for OBT and release.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 1:10PM chuckasucka said

I was just looking at the NPC races... I would LOVE to play as the turtle folk! Maybe in the future.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 1:27PM Borick said

Like it. Don't love it.

I'm put off by the big-headed anime, but that just makes me an ugly American. The combat system is simple, but pretty fluid. Their implementation of social systems feels kind of creepy to me and seems less about socializing than it is about meeting collective goals.

I think I'm just too Western for this game.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 1:50PM capfnu said

I'm not sure what to think about the defining class system that allows players to level up every single class in the game on a single player-character. I guess it saves time if not inventory space.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 2:50PM (Unverified) said

@capfnu

The only things you have to bank are your weapons and some of those are usable by several classes too. You can have a set of cloth, light and heavy armor on you so it doesn't take up inventory space.

The class thing is neat for a casual player as it lets them dabble and see if they like certain classes. I am assuming with how the leveling gets harder after 20 that folks start focusing more on one role.

The classes are grouped (defence, melee dmg, range dmg, healing, magic dmg) and the general skills for the group carry over to the individual classes (priest and bard share some general healing group skills).

All in all I find that although the art style is like pokemon, the gameplay is on par with some of the 'AAA' pay to play mmos. I will have to see how the guild towns work though, just haven't gotten to that point.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 3:09PM Pingles said

This is the first game I've played that uses that kinda hybrid-cel-shading art style. It's stunning to me. The lines around everything are very subtle.

One odd feature is that if you keep your zoom all the way in the game blurs the surroundings. But zooming out just a bit brings them into clarity.

So far I'm enjoying myself and look forward to spending more time in their gameworld.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 4:13PM Beau Hindman said

Odd, I cannot even get it to download. It just has a "server error" and never works. Did you all go through the standard process? Same download location?

Beau

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 4:22PM jealouspirate said

@Beau Hindman

I downloaded it just fine a few minutes ago, right from the giant "Download!" button on their website. Seemed to work fine for me.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 5:10PM (Unverified) said

@Beau Hindman

They are having a lot of lag in game, even after adding a second server and now 6 channels. I wouldn't doubt that the download server is having its own set of growing pains as well. Their forums have several suggestions depending on the problem and the shout box there is watched by GMs and Devs.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 9:16PM DevilSei said

@(Unverified)

Aye, I used the pre-Beta download as well with no issues, and like it has been suggested its probably because of a swarm of people now getting into the game.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 8:20PM (Unverified) said

They just went down for maintenance for 5 minutes. I think they are getting way more folks trying this than they imagined and are scrambling to try and get their servers up to snuff.