Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 8:03PM placebonation said

I am very much embarrassed that there are zero comments to this interview. The series is phenomenal and he did it for FREE?!! *Sigh*. My faith in humanity has changed very little over the years. Great job Ian. I hope your talent takes you to levels you've only dreamed of.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 12:03PM Xpress0 said

@placebonation

Huge props for the guy for spending all that time with it!
I've actually never seen any of these, I started watching the first when it came out, but thought it was too long, so lost interest.

Hopefully he can monetize his skills though, would suck to have spent all that time for nothing.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 10:28PM (Unverified) said

Amazing awe inspiring work. I plan on putting aside some time this weekend to finish watching your work.

It is stuff like this that truly makes the EVE community one of the best MMO communities out.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 10:55PM (Unverified) said

Interesting point about the plot and temptation towards gratituous space fights.

In all the Clear Skies movies, the plot is set up so that the big fight really feels like the climax - excellent pacing and execution.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 7:46AM Xilmar said

Saying how amazing Clear Skies is seems redundant at this point. Let's just put it this way...the weekend's coming, and it's more than worth watching the series even if you're not an EVE player.

I've said this before, CS3 has a better entertainment value than most films i've seen this year. So grab the download link, and while it's doing it's thing, watch the first two, then watch the last one and be amazed.

As for CS4, well Ian's dedicated a lot of time to the project, and something to top that would probably require too many years to create. And honestly, i'm happy with how the story ended. It really seems to fit well with the dark, mysterious and often dangerous world of New Eden.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 11:50AM Dunraven said

You know if I was Mike Morhaime and I saw how my community flug abuse at Francis Capra I would be making some major changes on how the community treated other people. That cesspool is going down in flames both financially and socially, and there needs to be hard consequences for acting like a cock.

Posted: Jun 3rd 2011 2:03PM Khai mann said

Definitely better than a lot of crap coming out of Hollywood. I watched then all and enjoyed every minute of it.

StarCraft II: An MMO player's perspective