Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 4:10AM unferht said

Have you seen the N.A Tera fans on forums? Borderline psycho furry's.

And they attack any outsiders who dare criticize them. I didnt go in trolling, I just said I wasn't comfortable with the teddy bear and little girl with tiny skirts races. They jumped on me fast, and in the process assured each other that their perversions were normal.

Honestly this game is gonna die a fast death in N.A. because it is a Korean style MMO in the first place. And all the normal people will get creeped out by the role playing perverts pretending to be animals and little girls and "cybering" each other.

Go ahead and flame me if you want, but the people on Tera forums are already identifying themselves as animals and little girls and they haven't even touched the game.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 7:32AM Nenene said

@unferht
You noticed that too, eh?

Even without the freakish character designs, the TERA forums killed off any lingering desire to play this game I could have possibly had. Who wants to play with those people?

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 2:15PM Zyrusticae said

@Nenene, unferht

Wow.

Just....

Wow.

Really.

Wow.

You guys...

Yeah.

Wow.

I just...

Good lord, geebus, almighty man in the sky, you folks...

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 2:23PM Zyrusticae said

@Zyrusticae

Serious response time:

With an attitude like that, WTF would want to play with YOU folks?

I mean, going besides the fact that you went into the middle of a really lengthy, ongoing "conversation" (if you could really call it that) that is ALREADY very seriously emotionally charged and NOT reading the hundreds (yes, hundreds) of posts already made on the subject and reading the atmosphere properly and then proceed to make heated, obviously flame-worthy VALUE JUDGMENTS on the character of absolutely everyone interested in playing those characters...

You're just incredibly dickish. Really. Just going by these posts, it's hard to imagine anyone who would want to play with someone who makes snap judgments of such severity.

Not to mention the leaps of logic you make right from the start. "Borderline psych furries"? "Perversions"? I mean, really, you assume everyone interested in playing non-stock-fantasy races is automatically doing it out of sexual attraction?

I see plenty of "issues" here...

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 7:07PM unferht said

@Zyrusticae
First off, dont even try to derail the focus from the Tera Furry's by saying its "us" with the issues, because it most certainly is not. People who want others to think they are a sexualized fox or horse or grown men and grown woman who want people to think their scantily clad underage girls are the ones with the issues.

Ya saying "psycho" was a bit trollish of me, but I said it to convey how aggressive the Tera Furry's are in attacking anyone who criticizes them. The personal tone you have taken is only evidence the bolsters my point.

And Nenene got it right. Like him I was very excited when I first discovered Tera, I thought it looked great and I thought it was going to be my next MMO.
I could have even lived with the little teddy bear guys in the game. What turned me off from the game was the introduction of the sexualized little girls AND when I went on to some Tera forums and saw how people acted on them.

Also, what futher convinced me I was right in not playing the game was a Developer interview at Pax I think. One of the selling points the Dev's pointed out to a reporter was that when the woman characters ran forward, you could see up their tiny skirts.

No thanks.

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 8:36PM Synn said

@unferht

You put a lot of emphasis on digital characters, bro. i worry about people like you. you see a little girl in a mini-skirt i see a bunch of pixels. you freak.

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 9:19PM unferht said

• 1 heart
@Synn lol. You're obviously taking it personally. You are attacking my personal character instead of talking about people who actually want to play the game. If you want to argue, then defend the people who play the game, don't attack me.

Synn is exactly the type of person I was talking about in my personal post. They get personal and attack anyone who dare criticize the game. And he downplays his position by saying " i see a bunch of pixels." But he makes his criticism into a personal attacking by saying I am seeing little girls in skirts and calling me a freak.

Well, I don't think I am imaging little girls in skirts do you? Thats what that one particular race is designed to look like after all, isn't it Synn? Do you really think I am wildly imagining it? Here is a picture I found doing a Google search with the "tera popori"

Tell me I'm crazy Synn.

Also, why would you worry about me? I don't want to be part of any game like that. I am criticizing the people who do want take part in a game specifically because their is a race designed to look like little girls in skirts and they want to role play those characters for sexual gratification

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 11:46PM Synn said

@unferht

unferht... youre crazy.

wasnt attacking you homie. there'd be no doubt if i was. believe that. you came into OUR house. started kicking over tables and lamps and acting a fool... calling our dog names and then your SHOCKED *gasp* when someone steps up and tells you to gtfo. really? your amazed at the reaction you got out of the fans of a game... on its official forum... grow up kid. what exactly do you think would happen if you decided to go bag on WoW on their forums? ill give you some time to think on it. you strike me as the type of brother that needs time to think on questions more complicated the "yes or no". (that right there was a personal attack. take notes so you wont get confused later, sweetheart) ;)

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 5:36AM Ganathar said

15 servers is not a small amount of servers for TERA in Korea.

Here is some info to chew on:
Bluehole Studio has set itself at the beginning of a clear objective - establishing a record for the highest number of online players per server. Undoubtedly, this will be a difficult task, but Bluehole Studio believes in achieving its goals, it is not just speculation, and hard work. We look forward to servers that can accommodate more than 10,000 players at once.
From: http://tera.mmosite.com/gameinfo/overview.shtml

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 6:19AM Kitanishi said

@Ganathar

Its VERY small amount considering game's budgets and the money they need to repay to investors :)

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 9:02AM ElfLove said

Woah woah woah...hang on here.

This game has ladies with 'barely even there' clothing and big bouncy boobies....and it's not doing well?!

How is that even possible.

I'm sure it'll do much better over here. *nods*

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 11:24AM Laren said

Come on people, haven't we learned yet that success in Korea has no baring on success in the west!? Well, it also stands to reason that failure in Korea will have no baring on failure in the west.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 11:49AM Sukiyaki said

The irony on the WoW fantrolls glearing in joy over this announcement.:

TERA is still more popular than WoW in Korea... even with just 15 server...

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 12:48PM (Unverified) said

@Sukiyaki

I'm sure Blizzards heart is breaking as they roll around naked in cash.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 4:43PM watchawatch said

@Sukiyaki
Are there some facts to back up that statement?

Posted: Jun 5th 2011 3:54PM Sukiyaki said

@watchawatch
Yeah there are. Just look any K PC room trends.
Google it, There are dozen of websites with a daily/monthly activity board and sheets.

Cant get anything out of that? Then why bother about Korea anyway?

Infact currently TERA is near 50% more popular than WoW even with attempt to merge down to 15 server. Tells much about WoWs 33 servers population.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 4:01PM BigNastey said

Bottom line is Korea launched the game way to early. People left in swarms because there was a lack of end game content. It won't be the same for the NA/EU game, they are launching it with all of the goodies. The patch is called "dark awakening" check it out if you are interested in the game. You won't be disappointed.

As for the lil' girl looking race (Elin they are called), En Masse is changing them for the NA/EU client, making them more western friendly which I am happy about.

Have faith, En Masse isn't no amateur company, they have some of the best people working on this game. I have a feeling we will all be very pleasantly surprised once the game launched, don't write it off as just another Korean game.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 4:31PM Arrei said

@BigNastey

That sums it up pretty well. The Korean devs got ahead of themselves and released an unfinished game. For people to get bored of a game with no end content isn't unexpected at all, so they only dug their own grave.

Luckily, the Western release is going to be complete, so we get the game as it was meant to be in the first place.

This was the only new MMO that caught my eye, everything else I just wrote off as a doomed WoW copy. Whether TERA will leave its mark remains to be seen, but I sure hope it comes out well.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 7:13PM Bucuresteanu said

@BigNastey
Dark awakening? Awesome news :) I just hope they start the fkin beta and open beta at least soon! Stupid ass noobs gonna ruin the game if they continue for to long! Is frustrating to see all this wow lovers and lame kids (who wanna click a mouse and kill a stupid mob) making all this comments and making other possible players to switch to Tetris 3d(Rift) or other games.
I was playing on Kr server until they decided to cut off our english patch... that was another smart move... good for you hole... now i know where that name came from.

To En Masse:
For the love of God! Start the open beta soon and show whats all about. Nobody will expect best bugless game on a beta stage but they will get a taste of this cool game.

Well.. to make this short is a cool innovative game that's well worth playing it but if they keep up the great plan they had until now... will fail eventually because by the time they decide something probably 20...30% or more already decided is not worth paying it.

= low pop on servers
= server merge
= old players leave
= new players that will decide to try it will stop playing it due to low pop

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 4:42PM watchawatch said

Wait this can't be. I thought this game was so radically different with it's totally awesome new combat and such?