Posted: Jun 1st 2011 7:34PM (Unverified) said

Noooo, I missed the livestream. And this episode sounded really funny too.

We so need a photoshop of Rubi with a monocle and Shawn in the background on a stripper pole. /evil

Also, speaking of a commenter during the show, I really don't like that kind attitude people have against new players coming into a game. I understand the concern of more people equals a greater chance for irksome players, but I don't like it when it's just flat out disdain of newbie players.
LOTRO is a great example where you had a mass of people crying foul of the game going free to play as if the swarm of people coming in is somehow worse than the preexisting possibility for bad apples.

Personally, I'm worried about this type of behavior come SWTOR. I don't know nor follow much of the lore of the universe, I just want a fun game to play. I enjoyed KOTOR on Xbox without having been a big Star Wars fan so I imagine I'd enjoy this MMO too. But unfortunately I've seen behavior where you're admonished if you've played WoW, for instance, or if you don't know very specific details about Star Wars, both applying to me. It's so annoying to deal with people like this. /mini-rant

So yeah, moving on. I really hope FFXIV can turn itself around. I like the graphics and music, but the gameplay isn't there yet. I read about the game and watched videos of it, but I won't touch it until it's better for my style, if ever.

Thanks for a great episode you guys.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 11:04PM Ehra said

@(Unverified)

I agree about people getting upset over new players. I've got a lifetime founder's LOTRO account and the crowd that annoyed me the most during the height of the F2P drama were my fellow "vets." The constant judging of huge groups of people before they even met them and the endless claims that people would start doing "X rude act" as if there weren't already people who do that already (because obviously everyone who was interested in LOTRO when it cost $15 a month was mature and anyone who came after would be a foul mouthed peon). That was what made me eventually distance myself from that community more than anything else.

This is one of those things that makes me enjoy the "casual community" in gaming circles more than the hardcore, even though I probably fall into the hardcore category.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 1:57AM ArcherAvatar said

"Do you want me to hold my little goodies to give away?" - Rubi
"Ya, sure..." -Shawn

*cough* Um... phrasing? ;-)

(I suppose if you watch the show "Archer" on FX channel that has additional humor value built in.)

My better half and I listen to the show together most of the time and we jinxed each other saying, "phrasing!!!" at that moment of the show... good times...

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 3:37AM Vazzaroth said

Yay, Fallen Earth free to play! I played the demo, and couldn't figure out if I was playing a FPS, or RPG... I never felt comfortable doing either... and def. not comfortable enough to buy it.
I'll check it out though, hearing about the crafting and such on Massively Speaking has sparked an interest in it for sure.

Also: More Dawntide!

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 6:03AM Xilmar said

Missed the live stream by like 2 hours, totally forgot about it.

Technical difficulties are normal...gamebreaker's been down since Sunday due to problems, so it happens to everyone. Would love to see the audio+video, totally makes up for inevitable problems.

P.S.: I love Archer