Posted: May 31st 2011 10:09AM Scopique said

Not sure how this one works, but other location-based games reqally require you to be in a very metro-centric area in order to get the full imact of the game. If you don't live in or around a major city, these games aren't worth very much.

Posted: May 31st 2011 10:10AM Kuroyume said

WTB Android version...

Posted: May 31st 2011 10:23AM Scuffles said

I wonder how much retailers will pay for those dots to turn up conspicuously at their store locations.

I'm also wondering when we are going to see the first lawsuits from this type of game.... you know "I was j-walking to cast nullify, when a car struck me" or "News at 11: three dead in ARG game turned deadly"

That bit aside they sound somewhat fun if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere.

Posted: May 31st 2011 10:39AM Trippin said

ANDROID PLEASE

also

CROSS-OS PLAYABLE while you at it :P

but i do wonder who is stubborn enough to play outside even in the rain

Posted: May 31st 2011 2:57PM Anatidae said

@Trippin no reason why they can't make it cross-platform compatible.

Posted: May 31st 2011 10:41AM Attack Ferret said

Looks fantastic, I highly doubt the area I live in would pick up enough active users though. These kind of games, as state above, work wonderfully in areas like Tokyo.

Reminds me of the similar multiplayer systems that Nintendo use on a lot of their DS games. Fantastic in built up areas, utterly useless (even frustrating) anywhere else.

Posted: May 31st 2011 11:00AM Snichy said

Still no word about a EU/UK release.

Posted: May 31st 2011 1:45PM Dunraven said

Looks like a great way to get stalked.

Posted: May 31st 2011 3:19PM Anatidae said

@Dunraven The app is free, so I checked it out. Sort of fun. It is like borrowing from foursquare but you "battle" for areas.

The problem is, it lacks depth. Mostly you attack and collect NPC spirits.

The next thing you can do is capture areas. I happened to have two near my office and captured them both. There are so few players in my area right now that I am the only one within a couple miles capturing anything.

The places you capture can be "harvested" from time to time giving your faction/team points and I am sure some experience for yourself as well. I think as you level you can capture more areas? I could do 2 right now.

There are ways to virtually "jump" from place to place that your teams owns, but the distance seems limited within a mile or two of where you currently are.

I don't know how often it checks your location and it is an MMO - so you are using your 3G service unless your hanging out at a WiFi spot. The point is, it eats up batteries faster than other games for that reason.

Posted: May 31st 2011 3:24PM (Unverified) said

STILL not available in Australia, keep forgetting we're below Madagascar on everyone's 'to do' list.

Posted: May 31st 2011 8:01PM (Unverified) said

@Anatidae there is no limit to the distance of a warp,

the game does deffinately eat up battery power, that being said its definitely worth a download. its less than awesome when you are in a smaller town, however you are able to warp to larger cities and participate in the pvp battles. the community is rather friendly and very helpful, and after about an hour you should be over the learning curve. i certainly suggest everyone atleast gives this game a try. it has a ton of potential.

Posted: Jun 4th 2011 10:58AM (Unverified) said

The key to this game is to add friends (you can find active players in game chat). This allows you to warp around and get into the action even if you live in a quiet neighborhood.