Posted: May 31st 2011 11:35AM ElfLove said

I wish I could get this MMO to work on my computer. >_< I dunno what it is but it hates my configuration and windows XP pro. :(

Posted: May 31st 2011 11:45AM (Unverified) said

A year's worth of VIP for $131? Since they're all under unified management now, I'm surprised they just can't get the same $10 a month VIP by signing up in three month increments, rather than having to pay a little more per month and be locked in to a whole year.

Posted: May 31st 2011 12:30PM Dril said

@(Unverified)

It's sad, really, since Codies ran a sale a while back selling a lifetime sub for £75; £4.99 under the current "sale" for a 1-year sub.

I'm not sold (heh) on the notion that the deal on offer is really that great.

Posted: May 31st 2011 12:06PM dudes said

The beginning of the Fourth Age.

Posted: May 31st 2011 1:02PM Budukahn said

And so the time of worry comes at last. Two or three days I'd be glad with, but the skeptic in me says don't be so sure.

Hopefully it'll be quick. I haven't bothered playing since this was announced feeling the game was pretty much scaling down until the move was over with.

Posted: May 31st 2011 2:05PM NeoWolfen said

I just hope the migration once ready is painless. Last thing I want is having to pull teeth in order to play again.

That worry aside however I see this as a positive move, and it will be nice to get the patches at the same time as our US partners for a change instead of weeks after.

Posted: May 31st 2011 4:45PM Lenn said

@(Unverified) On Laurelin, the designated RP server, the population is quite strong.

Posted: May 31st 2011 5:19PM NeoWolfen said

@(Unverified) I cannot attest to the populations of the other EU servers but as poster @Lenn noted Laurelin the EU RP server on which I played was always very busy throughout.

Codemasters always treated us very well for the most part and remained a visible presence on thier forums for example throughout the entire 4 years. They never pushed it under the rug as you say, but they certainly werent quite as active as turbine is, but then i guess that was largely due to the nature of thier agreement with Turbine and the way it worked.

It has been a good four years so far, and hopefully with us being reconnected to the source (turbine) it will make playing for many more one of continued ease.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 1:18AM Zuljundwumn said

Well, if it means the end of cheap translations and voiceovers for the french client, I welcome you with open arms turbine.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 11:30AM Ellitrine said

@Zuljundwumn
Since when did MMOs people start treating any non-English translation seriously. :(

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 6:01AM Zethe said

I liked the game and loved the warden(one of best classes i've ever played) but towards the end it just seemed like a complete grind, worse than the dreaded aion.

Why I Play: ArcheAge