Posted: May 31st 2011 5:36PM Raikulxox said

I wonder why other devs aren't updating there code and such as often as EVE. It's over 8 years old now, and is still cutting edge.

Posted: May 31st 2011 5:53PM Zyrusticae said

@Raikulxox

Indeed. CCP is a true model of efficiency as far as MMO developers go. The fact that they have so many people working on the game concurrently and do so with funding exclusively provided by a single monthly subscription is really somethin' else.

That being said, quite a few will argue that their investment in future projects (Incarna, Dust 514, World of Darkness) is a bad sign of split attention, money-chasing, and possibly less support for EVE in the future. Personally, I have no issues with how CCP has been handling themselves thus far.

Posted: May 31st 2011 5:54PM ScottishViking said

@Raikulxox

Yes. And yet if you listen to the lamenting wails of many members of the community, you'd think they were suffering from severe neglect.

Posted: May 31st 2011 7:16PM Zethe said

@Zyrusticae

I think the great thing they've done with EVE is that the community is the majority of the content. other games like wow need constant content updates or people leave. The players in eve for the most part are the game so they can just focus on new features over something shiny every month.

Posted: May 31st 2011 11:04PM ErikC said

@Raikulxox I dunno, while I'm sure they are cool in general, they have yet to actually put a readable font in the game that looks even remotely good at higher resolutions. I've tried three times now to get interested in this game, and the painful-ass font just kills it every time.

From what I'm seeing on the forums (and I tend to check every update), it looks like it MIGHT be improved soon. Maybe? I'm not sure.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 2:21AM Khai mann said

@ErikC

You don't play the game because of the font they use??? Ok.....

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 5:14AM Bongo123 said

@Khai mann

Im the same, the UI/Font/General unscalability/Spreadsheet like interface completely turns me off this game and i really would love to play it

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 5:54AM paterah said

@Khai mann He is right mate, the font is totally unreadable on high resolutions and very frustrating so he could be telling the truth. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they decided to use it, maybe they wanted to give a darker(?) atmosphere to the game but I have problems especially since you have so many things on your screen.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 6:49AM Purkit said

@ErikC

I assume you did make the font bigger/extended in the Options panel? I know its not much bigger but it helps a lot, at least for me.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 2:11PM runzwithsizzorz said

@paterah HA! And I thought it was just me. No word of a lie, once I got my hi-res display I couldn't see a thing in Eve, so I went and got glasses just for the computer. Best thing I have done all year. You won't regret it.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 4:01PM Sabbatai said

@Khai mann I *love* Eve. The font is horrible though. It isn't just "ugly"..it is hard as hell to read and actually makes my eyes water.

The UI scale is locked and just gets harder and harder to read the higher resolution you play at.

In this case, complaining about the font..or not playing because of it is 100% justified.