Posted: May 30th 2011 4:58PM BigAndShiny said

I think i might try Aion when the housing and major graphics update drop.

Posted: May 30th 2011 5:52PM MJ Guthrie said

@BigAndShiny
A major graphics update was actually a significant part of this patch. The housing, however, will not come along until 3.0. So trying it out now might be worth it, especially with the 10 day free trial that is happening.

Posted: May 30th 2011 6:42PM Laren said

I dig this expansion, but again ncwest faltered. I'm not too sure what is going on over there...

First, they started the free trial right away, but the reactivation isn't until this weekend. I'm grateful for both, yes, but just I'm sitting here with an alt I won't be playing next week...so not really feeling like logging in (bad sign).

Second, you only get one free character redo per account. That is making quite a few people annoyed. Koreans got seven each.

Anyways, I have some hope I won't get bored again after the free week....

Posted: May 30th 2011 6:48PM Yarr said

Barrel roll gets annoying very quickly, as you mentioned. :(

Messed up skin/hair/body from new engine (messed up several of my chars looks) and only 1 makeover ticket per acct per server is a total scam (Koreans got 7 tickets, so it was a known problem).

Other than some graphics/shadow/lighting glitches; it is a pretty good update. Certainly good to see the game itself moving in the right direction even if NCWest keeps going backwards in poor treatment of their players.

Hopefully they'll get 2.6 out faster than 2.5, but they'll probably hold 3.0 for ages like they did with 2.5.

Posted: May 31st 2011 1:33AM wfseg said

I'll never resub, but let me know whenever there is a free reactivation weekend =P . I love my character (she's cute), just hate the game (it's not worth the money and aggravation).

re-dll 13gb to see the shiny new graphics... then I'm gonna afk in panda, and go solo queue in LoL.

Posted: May 31st 2011 3:25AM Aventis said

@wfseg did you read at all? there is currently a 10 day re-activation event in effect NOW.

Posted: May 31st 2011 8:06AM Kaoss said

"any player with an Aion account can log in and experience the changes for herself"
Are you implying all Aion players are female? Would explain a lot.....

Posted: May 31st 2011 11:59AM edgecrusherO0 said

I started playing again this weekend and I'm actually really impressed. Messing around on my 35 temp was fun again, mainly because they added a TON of quests.

I mean a TON. I went from having about a dozen quests active (non-repeatable ones), to almost filling my quest log with quests. One of the reasons I stopped playing was because the questing seemed to drop off occasionally and I'm not a fan of repeatable quests, this seems to be MUCH less of an issue now and I'm really excited.

It helps that the game is super pretty now too.

Posted: Jun 2nd 2011 9:06AM ElfLove said

I'm tempted to come back to this game...I miss the artwork and combat soo much.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014