Posted: May 31st 2011 11:21AM capfnu said

How expensive in real-world cash is this end-game gear augmenting? Can you grind all the necessary ancillaries in-game? Or are you forking out for some of these upgrades?

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 12:05AM jeremys said

@capfnu All the stats - like the yellow ones you see in the pictures - drop from dungeons in the game.

You can fast-track gear modifications via diamond purchases, run the dungeon-circuit to obtain everything solely in-game, or supplement your game time however you see fit(with however much you see fit to spend).

Posted: May 31st 2011 8:44PM GreenArmadillo said

Your experience sounds similar to mine with my Druid (47)/Rogue (42), which I'm playing primarily on the Druid side and primarily as a DOT-based solo caster. I would like to try dual wielding a hammer, but there are very few hammers that aren't main-hand only and I have yet to obtain one. (Also, I do notice a drop in my character's general toughness if I try a staff instead of a wand+shield, which I assume would be as pronounced with two weapons.)

I will definitely be curious to hear more about how you're obtaining this gear (guild dungeon runs? pugs? AH?) and whether your class combination (and/or not having full gear yet) is giving you trouble finding groups.

Posted: Jun 1st 2011 2:13AM jeremys said

@GreenArmadillo I mainly run with my guild and we run almost anything with little restriction that way. Different handfuls of us get together at different times to run different dungeons. Sometimes the leaders will run us through Dungeon of Dalanis to farm mementos, Kalin Shrine on gold-runs, or we'll get together on our own for different runs.

I'm always looking at solo vs group gameplay advantages, but for myself a guild is the way to go. When I was severely under-geared, but hit Weeping Coast, I just quested through with 2 other guildmates.

Truth be told: Whether Runes of Magic, World of Warcraft or - I suspect - any other MMO, I can't stand dungeon running. The current overall desire that gave way to the modern dungeon-running formula turns me off faster than Kurt Russel creating a world-wide black out. But that's what the status-quo wants and that's what they get, so I try to find the fun I can.

I play the game, jumping around like a person with ADHD and when I happen to accumulate enough gold, I use that and diamond purchases to buy the gear from the auction house. Sometimes I find a pre-modded piece I like, but sometimes my guild helps me obtain the item or I buy the base-item from the auction house, then I buy the mana stones with the stats I want from the AH.