Posted: May 26th 2011 10:21PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Really wish the skill system would get fixed, reward skill points based on work and mission done. Signing in once a day or week, because you can't upgrade or use your ship is killer. It's a game everyone wants to get into so bad, but it needs tweaks. The sandbox idea is cool, but it needs more structure.

Posted: May 26th 2011 10:54PM PrimeSynergy said

@(Unverified)

Rewarding skill points would completely change the way the game works and probably in a negative way too. If anything, they need to allow you to manage skill queues outside of the game and/or allow to queue skills for up to a week, month, etc etc

Posted: May 27th 2011 4:46AM GaaaaaH said

@(Unverified)
What you are suggesting isn't a fix, more of a 'wreck everything about the game' change

Posted: May 27th 2011 5:53AM octoberasian said

@(Unverified)

I won't agree with missions awarding skill points and that's done in other MMOs already. And, there are MMOs where players are more skilled over others either by spamming the quests over and over again compared to those who don't have the time or people to do the quests. The current system in place is fine as it is, it levels the playing field so to speak.

If you want to make your training go faster, get implants or rearrange your attributes for that year. For example, for this year I focused my attributes for perception and memory. Next year will probably be different depending on what I'll skill into.

I will agree with a better skill queue system and external queuing of skills through either EVE Gate or a dedicated program using customized API. A longer queue would be a very nice addition. I would love to have the ability to queue up a month worth of skills.

Posted: May 27th 2011 8:02AM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I don't mean to offend hardcore Eve players, in a indepth game, and I know you guys like it that way. However, this is holding the game back SO MUCH. Players want to grow at their pace they can control, not a month long queue. I know the idea is changing your baby to much for your taste, this is got to change though. I would say reward skill points for the sector of skills the work your doing applies too, a combat mission rewards combat points. Mining, gives points towards that skill, a varity of sub sets could be developed. Really if a player chooses to play hardcore, non stop for a week, he should be able to cap some skills in the area he's working on. Capping all skills shouldn't take a year long que, or longer. If a player can't really play for two monthes because he can't buy a new ship, or use a ship properly, it kills the game. Sadly so many people want to love Eve, but it so boring at it's movement rate.

Posted: May 27th 2011 9:18AM TheSpatialist said

@(Unverified)
That's exactly what EVE needs, a bunch of noobs grinding missions with bots so that they can fly supercaps within the first month of signing up. Great idea!

If the current skill system was holding the game back sooo much, as you claim, then there's no way it would still be going as strong after 8 years.

Posted: May 27th 2011 9:28AM Viliasas said

@(Unverified)
You know... You can grind ISK as long as you want and with that ISK you can buy a trained character from EVE forums (it's legal) :)

Posted: May 27th 2011 9:46AM (Unverified) said

@Viliasas

Isn't that sort of backwards thinking though, I can grind isk, and buy trained toon... I guess it's your guys' game, I'm just giving you a noobie perspective, it keeps players away.

Posted: May 27th 2011 10:16AM Digital Disco said

@(Unverified)
Well it doesn't keep 350,000 subscribers away.

But honestly, the changes you are talking about are fundamental reworks of the entire training system. And you are wrong, it doesn't take 2 months before you can really play the game. A brand new player can join a huge Alliance and actually contribute if that's what they want to do.

What makes EVE great is the lack of structure, and you're arguing for more structure.

Maybe those that share your view should find a different game, not to be rude. Not every game HAS to appeal to every type of person. If you want to play WOW in space look elsewhere, Black Prophecy or STO perhaps. EVE is hard, but that's the point.

Posted: May 27th 2011 1:55PM Mcgreag said

@(Unverified) They tested used based experience in beta, it was a big failure hence it's not used.

Posted: May 27th 2011 5:15PM wcanyon said

What ship is that in the image? Flippin cool looking. I keep wanting to get back to Eve but then I remember the many hours of grinding for ISK and go "nahhh". There are way too many games that I can just jump into for an hour and enjoy myself.

Posted: May 28th 2011 6:19AM (Unverified) said

@wcanyon

I believe that is a Legion; the Amarr Tech 3 Strategic Cruiser. I can't tell what subsystems those are, though.

As for grinding, i'd say that 99% of the EVE experience depends on the corp you sign on with. Finding a better way to get new players hooked up with an appropriate corp should be a top priority for CCP, if it isn't already.

Posted: May 31st 2011 9:33AM Scrobes said

@wcanyon

Maybe you'll never see this wcanyon, but here's a link for your viewing pleasure :)

Why I Play: ArcheAge