Posted: May 25th 2011 8:20PM Halldorr said

Rift name conflict: You'll be prompted to pick a new name
Dawntide: This game would be very very cool if it was a lot more complete
Archeage: I'd do very unsaid things for that in North America this year :(

Posted: May 26th 2011 1:13AM ArcherAvatar said

It's not healthy for me to talk about the so called "engineer controversy" too much but, suffice to say, my personal opinion is that anyone who sees "immersion breaking" in any of the engineer's skills or appearance AND who did NOT have anything to say about whatever that montstrous "fortress / tank-like" thing is at approximately 4:20 of the Manifesto video, or the Thief not only dual-weilding pistols (on the move no less) and firing constantly without reloading, or characters being able to use freakin mortars to attack the Shatterer, or any of roughly 100 other examples I could site given enough time and willpower... well... anyone that BLIND who has not seen the numerous instances of very similar art pieces in the setting of GW2's Tyria prior to the recently released engineer class... you seriously need to turn in your driver's license for obvious reasons...

Those whinging complaints represent the worst kind of miopic, close-minded, restrictive thinking...

This has nothing to do with "fanboi-ism" (sorry Shawn) ... this is about not being ablle to see what's right in front of you. Have these people not even watched the manifesto video?

Boggles the mind.

On a less volatile topic... count me among those who really enjoy "Rubi-Rants" (tm) As someone who can bark down a USMC Drill seargent I find them ... cute... and very entertaining.

Posted: May 26th 2011 7:56AM BubleFett said

When GW2 goes live there are going to be plenty of engineers running around. How this will effect the balance of the game it remains
to be seen.

Posted: May 26th 2011 8:00AM ShawnSchuster said

@BubleFett
In my opinion, Anet will need to release a profession refresher video for all professions before launch, because we've already forgotten about the Elementalist and what it can do, since they revealed that 20 years ago. Or maybe just 1, but still.

Posted: May 26th 2011 12:26PM Turbana said

@ShawnSchuster

Elementalist... hrmm. Oh, right. They make bombs for the engineer.

Posted: May 26th 2011 8:14AM MrGutts said

Is this another show about Fallen Earth and Guild Wars or is MMO news of the week finally talked about?

Posted: May 28th 2011 7:02AM Hurbster said

@MrGutts

Pretty much Guild Wars and how people are not allowed to criticize it.

Posted: May 30th 2011 3:54AM Vazzaroth said

Holy crap, Dawntide! I'm installing now! My reaction to Shawn describing it was pretty much:
"Like wurm and Xsyon" :0
"Little more realistic" :)
"Goblin camps and armor" :D
"Free open beta" >:D!!!!!

Anyway, I have payed for both of the above games, and I LOVED them, but neither was QUITE there for me in terms of setting and/or production value. A sandbox game with good PvE content will sell me HARD, so here's hoping for that in Dawntide.

BTW you didn't mention the game in the notes that I saw, and you only said the name once... I had to seek for the name for like a min before I finally zeroed in. Also you should make a point of mentioning a game's title at the end of your guys' diatribes about them, with new games I usually forget the name around 5 seconds after you say it in the intro unless the things you mention intrigue me...

Massively's MMO guide to the 2014 winter holidays