Posted: May 25th 2011 6:34PM Stormwalker said

I have a Plant/Thorns Dom I've played for years. Nothing so fun and trapping my enemies in vines and then stabbing them to death with giant thorns! I laugh evilly as I do so! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Posted: May 25th 2011 7:26PM Ghostspeaker said

I've always thought Dominators were one of the easier classes to describe. You tie people up and beat them. ;) You also gear a dom very different from a controller. You'd never see a controller slot their holds for damage. It's because Doms are actually more a damage dealing class with lots of utility instead of a support class. They just get their survivability and utility from the control side of their powers instead of raw damage (Blasters) or support powersets (Corrupters, Scrappers, Brutes). It's also worth pointing out that perma-Domination is quite possible depending on what gear you use later on.

Posted: May 27th 2011 4:02PM Daemodand said

@Ghostspeaker Actually, you see Controllers slotting their holds for damage all the time due to Containment. It's Dominators that tend to not slot their holds for damage.

Posted: May 26th 2011 12:42AM Sente said

Dominators are by far my favourite archetype in the game. I liked them even when I started playing the game 5 years ago and during that time they have received multiple boosts/improvements, from which they gone from support-with-some-dmg hybrids to support/dmg dealer maniacs. (Oh wait, you always tend to get into some kind of maniac mood playing a dom)

It is fantastically enjoyable to be able to rip enemies apart and/or support your team to allow them to do so faster/better, yet still also be vulnerable so that a single tough mob could take you out if you do not watch out.

391 levels of dominator across 8 characters and counting.

Posted: May 26th 2011 4:51AM lmollea said

You're forgetting to mention, for every secondary, the Tier 5 power. That's something to remember as it can pair well with the primary.
The powers are:
Power Boost: choice for earth, energy, ice. As per the "epic" power boost from controllers, it increases the secondary effects such as holds, immobilizes & the likes. That means MORE controlling power...
Build Up: electricity. As per the build up of blasters: more damage, some +tohit
Embrace of fire: fire. Sheer +dmg in a set that's already heavy damage oriented...
Drain Psyche: psionic (TIer 6 and not 5). As per the blaster drain psyche: +regen +recovery. Nice nice nice self buff and nice debuff also when it's popped out in the middle of a mob...
Aim: thorny assault. As per the Aim of blaster, nice +to hit, some +dmg.

Posted: May 26th 2011 4:42PM Shazzie said

Dominators are another on my list of 'Why I love CoV more than I ever loved CoH'. I thought CoH was awesome, and loved every minute playing it... then along came CoV, and totally blew me away.

Brutes, Dominators, and Masterminds: my favorite classes in any MMO, ever.

First Impressions: LEGO Minifigures Online