Posted: May 24th 2011 10:07AM Laren said

Neat, looks real good! :)

Anyone know if the world is pretty open to exploration, like rift? Or is it more like aion? Nothing wrong with either (it's the gameplay that ultimately matters), just wondering.

Posted: May 24th 2011 10:18AM (Unverified) said

Preemptive answers:

There was NO pre-rendered video, it was all in-game graphics.

No you do not need a top of the line graphics card. The way the game was done allows it to run on almost anything easily. My HD4670 was able to run it on almost max settings with ease.

Posted: May 24th 2011 10:26AM Jormaster said

Is there anything said about the release date yet?

Posted: May 24th 2011 10:34AM ElfLove said

Can we play the game yet? Soon? Eventually?

After all of these previews and things, I'll have felt like I've already leveled to max. *giggle*

But really...what are they waiting on? Is it a lengthily localization? Are there problems with making changes for North America?

What's taking so long?

Posted: May 24th 2011 11:11AM Solp said

I'm getting frustrated with all of these videos, like a trickle that turned into a flood of little teasers, yet we have no release date.

Posted: May 24th 2011 11:20AM real65rcncom said

• 1 heart
another cliche 'frozen ice world' with ships stuck in the ice.

I did like what they did with the ruins area though. It doesn't look like every other MMo I've seen.

Posted: May 24th 2011 2:12PM Valdur said

@real65rcncom

I think that there are not so many ways to portray Icy landscape and yes it looks very cliche but I can forget them because this game has the most gorgeous landscape I've seen since Age of Conan

Posted: May 24th 2011 2:13PM (Unverified) said

I didn't think much of this game when I first heard about it, but after really checking it out, I can see this being the top MMO. Even capable of contending, if not surpassing GW2.

PVP and PVE servers
Cross server PVP
Appearance tab plus dyes
Graphics that possibly better then any other game
Land and flying mounts
Tons of movie clips making a solid lore RP background, fully audio dubbed, the days of fulls of text are over.
Actual endgame, with truly epic raid dungeons.
Tanking and healing action alone will give some of you tingles.

Do your self a favor, check this game out, it's the underdog with bite.

Posted: May 24th 2011 5:13PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

I'm hoping the game turns out good too, and am actually more excited for it than GW2, but some of what you said isn't true, or at least not true yet as far as I know.

There is no appearance tab or dyes in the game yet. Dyes I believe are part of the big patch coming to Korea which we should get for NA launch, but I haven't heard anything about an appearance tab (would be nice though, since there is currently very little armor customization)

No flying mounts (the flying horse shown in videos is only a taxi service so no direct control over it like with a mount). And there is only one land mount so far. Hopefully they fix this lack of mount variety, but I haven't seen anything on that yet.

The epicness of endgame is always debatable, but the current vibe from Korea is that content is very lacking. Bluehole has acknowledged this , so hopefully their big patch will address this.

Posted: May 24th 2011 6:56PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
Thanks for the corrections, info can be sort of tricky. Some of what I stated is from a major content patch being release this month in Korea. I'm not sure if you would call it a appearance tab, but you can take stats of a item and put them in anouther like Aion, Dyes got added too. You might be right about the flying mounts.

Posted: May 24th 2011 9:19PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)

No problem, and ya it can be hard finding out what info is legit and what isn't for upcoming games, especially with a foreign game like Tera.

All the core aspects of the game, such as visuals, combat, general game play look great. Everything else such as additional mounts, armor/character customizations, additional content, etc can be added relatively easy if Blue Hole listens to their player base (which does appear to be the case). So even if the NA/EU game launches without all these desired features,its foundation is strong enough to support these features whenever they do get implemented. Can't wait for beta so we can get some hands on time with this game.