Posted: May 24th 2011 12:04PM Pingles said

There was SO much to do in this game that for the first few months I couldn't get enough.

Once you get past it's cartoony graphics and simple combat it's got a lot of content.

A lot but not unlimited. I did eventually run out and cancelled when their expansions seemed to stop being mentioned. Still no expansions since launch except for new jobs.

When they start releasing new zones I may be tempted to re-up.

Posted: May 24th 2011 2:38PM Yarr said

@Pingles

Anyone planning to play Free Realms, for more than the 'free' look around to level 5, should just go with the Lifetime Membership plan, especially with the triple station cash weekend coming up. That works out to less than $12! No more monthly subs and certainly worth the price just to stop in now and then, play with farming, plus ranching when released and whatever the diner bit will be.

If you are waiting for the new areas and/or new quest line... well... you'll have a pretty long wait indeed. They have pretty much said we'll never see any new areas or quest lines, although they are still working on them slowly (yeah, right). Add the recent staff cuts and we can only expect the occasional small addition, like farming and mini-games from now on. Oh, and tons of Station Cash items, as usual (no thanks!).

Fun game, well made, lots to do, but don't expect anything more in the way of big expansions.

Posted: May 24th 2011 7:15PM Space Cobra said

@Yarr

Coming from a different perspective on this:

I am not looking at cost-analysis in regards to time a month, but just total cost.

I forgot how much I paid, but I think lifetime is something like $40 or $60 dollars.

That's about as much as a normal shelf game!

I don't play every month, but I sometimes come back to it for a week or so and leave a few months. There are console games I do the same with. I mean, it's pretty darn cheap for a Lifetime. If you have the money and don't mind, go for it. It's a nice little game to return to ever now and again.

Posted: May 25th 2011 2:44AM (Unverified) said

@Space Cobra Reminds me of Guild Wars there....

Posted: May 24th 2011 3:42PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
What is their claim, 24 million subscriptions, yay BS! All the kids are talking about Free Realms, uh huh.... Really Mr. Daniels, you shouldn't waste your time on this bunk, it's poor reporting. No one is playing this, is a cheap crappy game, there real F2P games putting more effort and having more success then this. All I hope is this money pit, bites them in the butt, and puts their development team out of work.

Posted: May 24th 2011 5:34PM Seldra said

Fun game in short bursts, I really wish they'd get on the ball and release new zones though and actually have the game act like an MMO rather than just a themepark with really no story.

Posted: May 24th 2011 11:56PM gerB said

The game sorta died for me when they made every class in the game exactly the same. There's no reason to group with people and go on a dungeon romp.

Each class just has an AOE attack now that they spam constantly.