Posted: May 25th 2011 9:39AM extispex said

There are rumors that the Rare Goods vendor will only sell things via Agenda Points (cash).

I have to say Hi-Rez is doing a very good job with this F2P model. Every single thing you can buy with Agenda Points, can be achieved by just playing the game.

I hope that these updates mean that they are getting enough money to continue production on Global Agenda while developing these other games, because GA is an amazing little gem that is pretty unique.

Posted: May 25th 2011 2:13PM TxRedcoat said

@extispex

You seem to either forget or are unaware that the ability to change your appearance (Hair, face) can only be done through Agenda Points.

Posted: May 25th 2011 9:50AM nearmys said

I've played GA for awhile and do enjoy it - but these guys have the weakest updates I've ever seen in a game.

Posted: May 25th 2011 10:08AM extispex said

@nearmys
No all of the updates are so weak. I mean, since the games release they have pushed out about 6 new maps, Sonoran Raid, Dome Defense Raids, Solo PVE, Sonoran Desert open world, 4v4, rebalanced all classes, added about 20 new weapons per class, completely redone AvA 3 times trying to get it right for the players, released an insane amount of cosmetic items, added 2 new crafting professions, completely redid the UI and access to auction house, mail, and other things.

With that said, I wish they have done more, mainly because I love this game to death, and I worry about it with 3 games in the pipeline for the small studio.

Posted: May 25th 2011 10:12AM extispex said

@extispex
That should read:
NOT all of the updates are so weak.

Posted: May 25th 2011 1:37PM nearmys said

I'll give you that totally - that first major update where they actually made the game they sold as an MMO look more like an MMO was good. But it doesn't change the fact that after you do the initial missions in the open world area it's basically useless.

I can't sell the quest items for more than a credit that, for some reason, i keep getting even though I finished the quests a long time ago. I can always sit in dome city and keep queuing up for pvp/pve but that even gets old after awhile.

I just wish they'd add more to the open world and at least have some places where you could farm useful components rather than simply queuing for everything. Add a little more MMO rather than simply a FPS with city / lobby / monkey bars interface.

Posted: May 25th 2011 1:52PM extispex said

@nearmys

Agreed. The next open area is coming with patch 1.5. Supposedly this is the Jungle that everyone keeps trolling about.

They were going to make the game more MMO or open, but they basically canned it for Tribes. Plus they released that snipers in the open world would basically ruin it for everyone.