Posted: May 23rd 2011 10:23PM WyattEarp89 said

Probably the wrong place to ask. I bought APB when it was released, do I get something extra out of APB Reloaded? And can I use the same client that I bought from Steam or do I have to download the client from GamersFirsts website?

Sorry if these questions are dumb... I am late to the party.

Posted: May 23rd 2011 10:30PM (Unverified) said

You have to download the new client and you can transfer your old character over to reloaded. Keep in mind you are only transferring clothes and decals. All your weapons, vehicles and upgrades are gone.

Posted: May 24th 2011 1:03AM WyattEarp89 said

@(Unverified) Thank you very much for answering my questions!

Posted: May 24th 2011 1:06AM Thasri said

O the open beta client crashing chaos clusterfarge you mean? Yea, not going smoothly. When you get blue of DEATH on Windows 7, something is really wrong.

Posted: May 24th 2011 5:14AM Arbelisk said

@Thasri There must be something wrong with your computer. I have been running the game for the past month flawlessly, no crashes, no BSOD, and minimal lag. "When I remember not to run anyting else in the background" :D

Posted: May 24th 2011 1:20AM FatCheeseMan said

This seems like a good idea but they execute it so poorly, I highly discourage anyone from playing this game. So much latency, low to no direction, horrible vehicle controls and countless other problems.

Posted: May 24th 2011 5:30AM Snichy said

@FatCheeseMan. Strange, I haven't encountered a single one of these problems. Discouraging people from playing a game based on your own issues is silly and I would "encourage" people need to make up their own mind.

All I can say is after playing in beta for a few weeks I am still having a blast and really enjoying the game, as long as you take the game for what it is. Its not WoW, its not CoD, its incomparable to anything else out there (for better or worse) as its game of skill not gear check (people at higher levels and better "gear" aren't necessarily going to win, the winner is generally the better player regardless of gear). I would recommend everyone trying every weapon class to find one that suits you, drive around for 20 minutes in each class of car to get used to it, and find a good group/clan who use TACTICS to win missions (not just run around like headless chickens assuming you will win). If you do this, I'm confident people will start enjoying it, if not just uninstall as it hasn't cost you anything :-)

I play on Patriot EU if anyone wants advice or assistance.

Posted: May 24th 2011 2:08AM uberman3000 said

It would be great if i could play it for more then 2 minutes. PunkBuster keeps booting me off. I'm not a dirty rotten cheater so I don't know what the problem is.

Posted: May 24th 2011 5:12AM Arbelisk said

@uberman3000 What is the error punkbuster gives? If it says "requires" anywhere in there. You need to google punkbuster, go to there website and download the setup for it, run it, and when it comes up, hit add game, then add apb reloaded, then hit the update button. It should work after that. My friend had the same problem.

Posted: May 24th 2011 3:50AM placebonation said

I really want to love this game. But the lag is freaking insane. Feels like I am playing in a bowl of jello. The car driving tweaks? Cars seem more like trying to drive a slime in directions it is not willing to head. Also. Not to add to the pile of QQ but ... CC guns are still freaking annoying.

Posted: May 24th 2011 12:13PM DeadlyAccurate said

I'd forgotten how much fun this game could be. I'm only playing in short bursts, and none of my friends are playing, but I'm still having a blast. Sometimes I love just running around and watching the firefights going on.

And sometimes the game makes me laugh so hard. Like the time I was about to mug a guy, had just gotten my brass knuckles on my hand, and raised my fist. A car came out of nowhere and plowed into my victim, sweeping him halfway across the street. I was left staring at an empty sidewalk.