Posted: May 21st 2011 9:55PM LucentWolf said

Just an idea, but it might be a good idea to put up a new category along with F2P, Sci-fi, Fantasy and so on for these type's of mini MMO's. Thanks for a great article, am thinking about trying some of these now.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 1:00AM (Unverified) said

Getting yourself killed isn't a strategy, it's a playstyle!

I started playing LoL a bit today. Fun game, but some people are a bit much... I know I'm bad, you don't have to remind me about it!

Posted: May 22nd 2011 1:36AM Tiresias said

@(Unverified) My biggest problem with these types of games is that their competitive nature brings out the absolute worst in people. I have yet to find one with a decent community, which is really keeping me from playing them.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 1:41AM ZachDude said

@(Unverified)

Unfortunately a lot of people on LoL are like this. Thats why you have to find people like me. :D

Add ZachDude and I'll play some games.

Also its not to bad to play co-op for a little bit at first. You still get the rewards for the first X amount of levels, and the bots do pose as suprisingly good competitors.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 6:18AM Jormaster said

@Tiresias
Yeah it´s true, sadly i find myself doing that too.
That´s why i play most of the time with my friend just premade 3 vs 3.
Lol is one of the games that i play for about 1 year now that´s not a mmorpg. I really like the business model, i just WANT to spend money, never had that before. Lol is a really cool game and i think the best MOBA of the moment. It's just the style, other moba's just have ugly graphics in my opinion.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 8:52AM (Unverified) said

@Tiresias

I have spent money on both League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, and I haven't played either in many months due to the "community".

I am currently playing World of Tanks to get my PvP fix.

The WoT community seems a lot more laid back than the communities of any of the DotA-style games.

The larger team size and generally shorter battles might be part of the reason.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 3:33PM Octahedron said

@(Unverified) Why am I unverified? I did that months ago... Anyway, thanks for the offer Zach. I'll bug you some time in game probably. I'm currently trying to pick out a champion that works for me, but melee keeps getting me killed...

Posted: May 22nd 2011 6:44AM JasonBaur said

I thought this headline was about Jesus.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 4:10PM (Unverified) said

Why do MOBA games need so many characters? It just makes the barrier to entry that much harder.

Posted: May 23rd 2011 8:50AM BGExorcist said

The cosplay fof LoL is crazy, they did a very good job :)). Dont like the "stunlock" company name though, reminds me of Rift pvp.

Anyhow, if some european player wants to join me for a LoL match, Find me, BColt is my name there. I dont know if i can install the NA client aswell.