Posted: May 21st 2011 2:23PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
EPIC EPIC game. I am hoping SOE starts realizing that promoting to the same pool of current and former mmo players does nothing but bring 50% spoiled, bias and jaded "rushers"

If the wake up and promote to the hundreds of millions of people with computers and the gamers that dont play mmos, you can see DCUO and all mmos have populations of MILLIONS.

The problem is devs think every1 in the world knows about mmorpgs, and thats not the case. People are finding out daily what an mmo even is!

PROMOTE! -x

Posted: May 21st 2011 2:24PM Lolzor69 said

The Friday before SOE went down, I randomly decided to start playing this game. I got the Digi-DL for 40 bucks and it was ready for me to play on Saturday. Not having been a comic book guy in my life, I was pleasantly amazed by what I saw and felt in the game. I had a blast for about 10 hours on Saturday and early Sunday before it was shut down.

Now that it is back up I am at a crossroads. I am level 12...I never see anyone (Zero Hour server) and I may want to keep the majority of my play time in either WoW or AoC.

I really, really, want to play this game...but I want to play it as an MMO and not a stand-alone single player. I hope I find some people quick or I will be leaving and not coming back...however many regrets I have of doing so.

Posted: May 21st 2011 2:45PM Faction 3 said

@Lolzor69 Zero Hour used to be one of the higher populated servers, Did you roll a Villain? Because when I stopped playing (RL issues) Zero Hour was low on Villian players, but was SWAMPED with Heroes.

Posted: May 21st 2011 3:05PM thedude657 said

@Lolzor69 They are merging the servers into a mega sever or something. Should solve the population issues. Not sure how soon its gonna happen.

Posted: May 21st 2011 3:39PM Yellowdancer said

@thedude657

It was supposed to happen this month but someone up above all games posted that all updates would most likely be delayed because further testing is needed due to outage...I would get week 1 or 2 of next month.

Posted: May 23rd 2011 1:50AM Space Cobra said

@Faction 3

"Virtue and Vice", while being the second behind Zero Hour, also has a problem with more Heroes than Villains.

So, I guess it's not just a case of one server...

Posted: May 21st 2011 3:30PM Lolzor69 said

I am a Villain, yes...however I hold no allegiance at this point. I'd re-roll. I just want to be around people.

I do know about the Mega or Super or Wondertastic Amazingtron 8000 servers (or w/e they are calling them this week.) But...it's not really worth me waiting with baited breath until Soon (tm) comes rolling into town.

Posted: May 21st 2011 4:04PM Furdinand said

@Lolzor69 I don't know how many people you will interact with before you hit 30, hero or villain. Maybe the mega-servers will reduce the leveling alerts and pvp instance wait times though.

Posted: May 21st 2011 7:30PM bobfish said

@Lolzor69

You're unlikely to see many, if any, people before hitting 30, even post server merge. The game is very top heavy and most of the action takes place in instances.

Suggest you join a team or something, might help you find people your level.

Posted: May 21st 2011 3:43PM Yellowdancer said

DCUO forums are a lot more calm. There are the..."This game should have..." threads but that is normal. Not as much griping and RadarX hasn't had to close as many threads.

One thing the writer missed(I think), the devs logged in to play the game with the players. This is a first in DCUO...I don't remember this happening since SWG to be honest(Post NGE). Its nice to see the turn around in customer service. And apparently its happening in all of SOE's games.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 1:48AM JuliusSeizure said

@Yellowdancer

Technically, I think it happens in every game. It's just that in most games, devs are only allowed to do so anonymously on private accounts. I can see the value in that, but I think handing the devs official accounts with publically known characters _as well_ is a good step for communication and understanding with the playerbase.

Posted: May 21st 2011 7:23PM DarkWalker said

The change in the communication policy is very welcome, indeed. And the change to MegaServers - if SOE can implement them the right way - is something I was wishing for since the beginning of the game; one of my main irritations in a MMO is not being able to play with friends due to our characters being in different servers, and while this might still happen (even inside one single server, seems like PvP and PvE characters will still be kept apart, and obviously Heroes can't play with Villains), at least we will not have to juggle servers anymore. I'm even of a mind to join Massively Overpowered after the MegaServers are implemented :)
Now, if SOE can solve the naming problem in a satisfactory way - perhaps in a way that also makes easier to RP about secret identities - I will be a very happy player, indeed.

Posted: May 21st 2011 11:53PM Yukon Sam said

I logged in long enough to collect my 40 marks of whatever and buy a shiny new cape that I could never hope to acquire otherwise.

But I'm pretty much done with the grind, at least for the time being.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 11:29PM (Unverified) said

I didn't read most of this but i do want to say, I just bought this game (DCUO) last week and I am having a blast, I bought it to show faith in Sony and in how fun this game can be, It is a awesome ride so far this week. Im on the PS3 on the countdown server and join DarkFire LG and they are great helpful people , Synder our Leader is great help to new players. So there is good player that play this. So if you want a action game and play with others and enjoy your boy/girl hood comic fantasy get this game , HECK JUST BUY IT FOR THE FUN!!!

Posted: May 23rd 2011 1:53AM Space Cobra said

From a strictly curious standpoint, I am also curious about why/how Cao was let go.

Don't forget, Wes Yanagi also was let go, too.

This is just my speculation, but it may have something to do with the Sony layoffs reported a month or two back, even indirectly. More trimming of staff.

I have nothing against Cao, but it does seem he's had a history of being quiet and not informing players or listening to players (such as on EQ).

Choose My Adventure: Firefall as it stands