Posted: May 20th 2011 4:16PM gildhur said

Guess he's never played a Warden in LotRO. ;-)

Posted: May 20th 2011 5:52PM Ghostspeaker said

@gildhur Beat me to it. ;P

Posted: May 20th 2011 9:09PM Vinegar Ninja said

@gildhur
no, I played a guardian and runekeeper instead.
I love the screenshots you can get from Vindictus, I got a whole stash of me kicking bosses to death, beating them to death with tree branches, jugs, hell even their own minions.
Only complaint I have is their servers can be pretty craptastic when in groups at times.

Posted: May 20th 2011 6:08PM Beau Hindman said

No LotRO character allows you to kick butt like in Vindictus. It's actionbased gameplay is great for those days when you are having no luck with anything. Log in and kick the crud out of stuff. BAMMMI! lol

LotRO is much more stiff. Fun game, if you're into that sort o' thing!

Beau

Posted: May 20th 2011 7:37PM PrimeSynergy said

@Beau Hindman

I agree. I love both games, but I play Vindictus when I'm hyper (or want to get hyper) and in the mood to f some s up lol. I play LotRO when I want to sit back and relax and am in more of a calculating mood so to speak.

Posted: May 20th 2011 6:44PM Breadroll said

I have wanted to get into Vindictus since its NA launch but the game gives me the worst server side lag I've ever experienced in a game.

I have a great framerate for my own character, but everything else in the world seems to stutter like mad. Even if I go into a mission alone, the mobs and world effects move like a slideshow while my own character moves silky smooth.

Anyone else experience this / know my problem? I never got much help when posting on their forums.

Posted: May 20th 2011 6:58PM Faction 3 said

I wonder if TERA is going to have a similar engine / action style as Vindictus.

Posted: May 20th 2011 7:33PM PrimeSynergy said

@Faction 3

Engine? No. Tera uses Unreal 3 last time I checked. Vindictus uses source.

As for action style, I'm not too sure, but they seem close, but still different. i.e. Tera is to Vindictus what Monster Hunter is to Phantasy Star Online. Probably a really horrible example on my part, but still gets the point across I hope lol

Posted: May 20th 2011 8:01PM Twitchy5 said

@Faction 3

What PrimeSynergy said is correct, but the combat is going to be a bit different. The combat is going to be a bit more RPG-ish if that makes any sense.

Posted: May 20th 2011 9:25PM (Unverified) said

Tera doesn't use "physics"in it's combat like Vindictus does either. Both seem good, the lack of customization in (current Korea) Tera is kinda bleh though, plus not sure what to think about EME. Community team seems good, but they seem to care more for woo'ing converting potential console gamer than pleasing existing MMO PC players so we have to see how that turns out for them/us.

Posted: May 21st 2011 12:21AM ImperialPanda said

"What other game would allow you to be this awesome? The answer? None."

Damn, that gauntlet left a hand mark across my face.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 12:47AM (Unverified) said