Posted: May 21st 2011 12:20AM Titan1 said

Just out of curiosity, how many massively posters even play this game let alone ever been to one of its sieges?

Posted: May 21st 2011 3:25AM Ably said

I did.

Posted: May 21st 2011 4:28AM corpusc said

its the only MMO worth going back to periodically. thus far in the 14 year history of MMOs.

its a strange mixture of way-better-than-everything-else and way-worse-than-everything-else. will surely go down in history as one of the major MMO milestones for several reasons.

also its funny that the multi-million AAA MMOs (with the exception of maybe Vanguard on the world design) can touch its vast world design or its PVE AI. remarkable for such a small company.

Posted: May 21st 2011 4:31AM corpusc said

@corpusc

that should read "(vast) world design".

there may be some that can match it in SIZE, but not the immersiveness of it

Posted: May 21st 2011 4:31AM corpusc said

...

Posted: May 21st 2011 7:54AM Titan1 said

@corpusc
I completely agree with that on the world design but the skill mechanics attached to a horrible PvE grind is like the results you would expect from 12 drunk monkeys.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 12:22AM oshi44 said

@corpusc

While I sort of understand where you are coming from, I still don't remember any remarkable AI circumstances. Mobs still act silly when I worked myself onto a high rock. Everything can always be glitched to the point of abuse. The AI was interesting for a few days until you learn to figure it out.

As for world design, I agree its better than most 'indy' MMO's but to say better than all MMO's in 14 years? No. Just no.

Give me great points of interest? How about scenes that you will never forget? The landscape of DF was fairly tight but I think you're being a bit obtuse about even bragging.

Posted: May 21st 2011 10:41AM xuiton said

you know I always wanted to play this game. I followed it but stayed well away after its release. Which suffice to say was the right choice. But since release it seems to have fixed alot of issues and got better.

my problem is that as many have stated that the game is just a skill grind or else you cannot compete with other players.

Posted: May 21st 2011 7:19PM xBludx said

It's fun. I play it from time to time and keep it installed. But sometimes I just don't have the mental focus to drop 4 hours into it. You don't just jump in and play. You have to prepare a lot of things. That's part of the appeal of it to certain players, I think.

If you have a lot of time and nothing else to do, like if you live in the arctic and your wondering what to do in your off hours when you're not tagging polar bears or something, then you can have a lot of fun with this game.

But if you have a life, a job, a family, if you don't already have a "developed" character, it might take a while unless you have a very patient and helpful clan.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM