Posted: May 19th 2011 11:54AM JuliusSeizure said

Justin, Justin. DUST 514 isn't a sequel at all. It's a simultaneous and integrated spin-off.

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:07PM (Unverified) said

@JuliusSeizure

I agree. Dust514 is it's own game complimentary to EvE, not following EvE.

Also, what the hell is Allod's a sequel to?

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:16PM (Unverified) said

@JuliusSeizure

Julius, Julius. That's why I said, earlier in that very sentence, "Right now there are loads of MMO sequels and *spin-offs* in the works."

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:17PM JuliusSeizure said

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:19PM JuliusSeizure said

@Justin

...I got confused and distracted by all the bright green text of the links.

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:10PM Khalus said

I'm so looking forward to Phantasy Star Online II. Last I played was back during the Dreamcast days, with a modded system and an imported PSO from Japan. There was a 100% English switch built into the title so it was easy to play online with the Japanese.

Unfortunately, after the US release it became plagued with save-game hackers using the UMV and dupe-cheaters. It was easy to avoid at first, but then they started using a method to freeze your character once in a zone, which made you drop your equipped weapon and corrupted your save file, so you ultimately lost your character too. {also somewhat easy to avoid if you played with friends, and kept an additional UMV char. backups}

Then the last straw which finally made me quit was that they found a way to hack a persons save from the lobby and clean out your bank and your characters inventory. It was unsafe to play at anytime...

I never got into Universe of the PC ver of Blue Burst which had server side saves and stopped the hacking and cheating due to other MMOs, but here's hoping PSOII will win me back! So far its doing a good job from the gameplay video released a few weeks back:

Posted: May 19th 2011 12:55PM Saker said

Shouldn't even -mention- a possible Ultima Online sequel as it's been dangled before us waaaayy too many times already. You know the old saying "fool me once"...

Posted: May 19th 2011 1:30PM Heraclea said

Assuming it survives the fall of Cryptic, will the proposed Neverwinter Nights MMO be a sequel to the original AOL Neverwinter Nights MMO?

Posted: May 19th 2011 1:40PM nomoredroids said

Nilbog. That is all.

Posted: May 19th 2011 4:28PM Space Cobra said

I admit: I played Asheron's Call and was never too keen on it. Needless to say, AC2 seemed to have come out at a bad time. It didn't get too promoted beyond a few initial months. For me, it seemed like it was released too soon to be a sequel (a sequel should really happen either after years a game has been up or year(s) after a game has gone away).

As for Neocron 2; I know about #1, but there was a 2???

Posted: May 19th 2011 6:14PM (Unverified) said

I might give Neocron 2 a try. Its a scifi game that can run on my computer.

Posted: May 20th 2011 12:35AM Nucleon said

Based on the well, abysmal, performance of sequel MMOs does the much-anticipated brain-child of Blizzard, Titan, stand any chance. History says no...

Posted: May 20th 2011 10:54PM TheNexxuvas said

I HAVE THE POWEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Posted: May 22nd 2011 1:18AM mattwo said

FFXIV is NOT a sequel. Runscape is NOT a sequel. MS2 is NOT MS, but a completely different game if it is what I think you mean.

Prequels are not sequels.

The following are specuation and undereducated guesses, but I do strongly feel I'm right.

The above are facts and not subject to opinion...

I'm not 100% sure about EQII as EQC still exists and thus cannot be a sequel due to the continuing plot, or EQN or PSO2.

RYCROSS IS NOT RAGOL.

I could be wrong about PSO2 but seeing as it supposedly takes place in a area that is not Planet Ragol it's unlikely. At least you didn't mention PSU.

Posted: May 22nd 2011 1:20AM mattwo said

@mattwo Dang it! Wrong order!

I mean:

The above are facts and not subject to opinion...

The Daily Grind: Should museums preserve MMOs?

Posted on Oct 1st 2014 8:00AM