Posted: May 19th 2011 1:47PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
Never tried AoC, but I know many guildies that have. I don't know all that happened, but Funcom burned the bridge for them. They often refer to them as Failcom. Player rep is everything, I won't try it based on their feedback.

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:01PM Jef Reahard said

@(Unverified)

That's too bad, really. I'd make up your own mind if you have any interest at all.

If your friends are hardcore PvP types, I understand, as the game has shifted away from that. Many anti-AoC folks that I've met simply need something to be mad at, though, and the rough launch serves as a convenient scapegoat regardless of all that's changed in three years.

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:31PM dudes said

@(Unverified) Best to make up your own mind by trying the game out rather than letting others make your mind up for you.

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:49PM paterah said

@(Unverified) I'm not sure if it was you, but I think you said that before few weeks ago. Anyway, really sorry to hear others are deciding for you mate. You know that trying the game is basically one click away, right? I mean sure, I am following my friends/guildies sometimes in MMOs but not even trying the game because someone or two are disappointed? Sucks to be you.

Posted: May 19th 2011 4:09PM Lateris said

@(Unverified) Hey there- if you do want to try the game for PvE please try the Wicanna server. The game is no where what it was during release for PvE. It is better.

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:15PM Vendayn said

Do you just log on and it automatically signs me up for the offer?

I logged into my account (I even got the email from Funcom about it) and it doesn't say my account is active.

I'm downloading game now, hopefully all I have to do is login...

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:21PM The Minn said

@Vendayn Same thing with me. I logged into my account but nothing, and no email that you would typically get. Right now I am DL'ing the client and I am just going to try and log in. Maybe it has not 'officially' started today, yet?

Posted: May 19th 2011 3:24PM (Unverified) said

@The Minn

We're talking about 15-20 guildies, that are very solid minded, and gave supporting details to why they are so burned. AoC really isn't my taste art wise, and theme. Some companies don't deserve a chance, or second chance though, after burning their customers so badly.

Posted: May 19th 2011 3:25PM Vendayn said

@The Minn

If anyone else is curious about this...

All you have to do is login and you "should" be able to play right away. I'm still patching, but from what I read on a forum thread...the guy said his account was shown as frozen, but he was still able to login and play.

Posted: May 19th 2011 3:31PM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified) sorry misplaced reply

Posted: May 19th 2011 3:33PM The Minn said

@(Unverified) I think you responded to the wrong person

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:31PM Plastic said

Is this reactivation applicable to both EU and NA players?

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:33PM ZachDude said

Gotta reinstall but ill play a lol sic for a few days.

Posted: May 19th 2011 2:45PM The Minn said

What server has the most population now ?

Posted: May 19th 2011 3:23PM Grizz said

The multiple choice contest prizes are pretty cool.

Posted: May 19th 2011 3:36PM cowboyhugbees said

I must say, that screenshot it awesome.

Posted: May 19th 2011 3:57PM xyna031 said

I might try that free time just to check it out again i dunno we will see.
I must admit i miss my assasin like hell...

Posted: May 19th 2011 4:24PM AoCPlayer said

Jef, what is your opinion on the 3 potions offered (vets dont need any of the 3 except the AA one) as a substitute for actual anniversary content?

Personally I think it is the latest joke from the joke that Craig Morrison has turned this game into. What other MMO company treats is customers with such abysmal updates? Its not like they have been pumping out any content at all lately minus a couple of unneeded PVE instances that the average player is bored of after a week.

And that B&G server, wasn't that due out in May? Is it really that difficult to delete the Guards and Bori? I guess if you are incompetent it is. Both Cimmeiria and Tyranny have been begging for a sever merge for over 6 months now but that is falling on deaf ears again after it was mentioned a few months ago by the spinmaster/full of crap game director Craig "moron" himself.

Calling AoC a train wreck is an insult (no train wreck can be as bad as what AoC has become) to an actual train wreck itself. take a look at the dead servers if you dont believe me. 3 out of 4 are on life-support and should be unplugged/merged into 1 but they are holding out the last glimmer of hope for the new Conan movie to make it all better.

The hell with the current players till August I guess. That is unless you think a MMO should be more like a single player game.

Posted: May 19th 2011 4:37PM Space Cobra said

@ "Funcom burned the bridges comment".

I will say, for me personally, they burned that bridge something fierce when they first replaced my name on Wicanna after I left for many months (Valorus522 my ass!) and then they announced they were getting rid of characters from inactive accounts.

So, while folks did say it doesn't take long to level up, it did for me. In essences, time wasted. And no sense of having something left; it cut my cord (and others I talked to) rather succenctly.

But, I may return. But it won't be picking up what I left off. Have to figure out a good class, too.

Posted: May 20th 2011 9:11AM ApathyCurve said

@Space Cobra

You're telling me that if I accept this free play offer, download the client, and log in, all of my characters have been deleted? So... what's my incentive to return to the game? To grind that boring starting city over again? Pass, thanks.

What a boneheaded business decision.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014