Posted: May 19th 2011 7:38PM pcgneurotic said

Still got a pile of FASA boxes on a top shelf somewhere - BattleTech, AeroTech, all kinds of shiz. Best TTG ever!

Posted: May 19th 2011 8:01PM Suhaira said

I was all excited for robots then I realised you were just teasing. :'(

Posted: May 19th 2011 8:56PM Saker said

@Suhaira Same! I do remember at 1 time the Japanese were working on some kind of mech MMO. Wonder what ever happened to it. Sigh....

Posted: May 19th 2011 9:02PM (Unverified) said

@Suhaira

He got me too.... I was hoping for a Mech Warrior game done like World of Tanks.... :(

Letting Clans capture planets/territories with Mechs would be pretty awesome

Posted: May 20th 2011 2:47AM (Unverified) said

@(Unverified)
I remember playing in a test for something like that some years ago. Maybe around 2001 or so, memory is kind of fuzzy aboout those days, heh. A 3025 era setup (minus the copyright disputed 'mechs) where we started up with x number of c-bills and you'd start with a 20 tonner. Drop after drop you'd earn more and buy better 'mechs.

In the end it was endlessly dropping on to world after world to try and paint the whole inner sphere with your Successor State's colours. If I remember correctly House Kurita did some cleaning up and there was nothing else left to do (it just went back and forth forever and wasn't nearly as nice looking as WoT is today.) There was no overall point to taking all these worlds, aside from colouring the map. People got bored and the game development just kind of dropped cold right there.

When I first encountered WoT, that experience came to mind right away, though WoT has some more in depth gameplay and certainly is better looking. I can't help but wonder if they could make it work now.

Posted: May 19th 2011 10:58PM NeoWolfen said

Yup..you got my hopes up an MMO in the Battletech Universe was going to be in development...and then shattered them..

Bad Eliot..BAD BAD BAD :P

Posted: May 19th 2011 11:03PM (Unverified) said

My friends and I were saying that it would be pretty awesome to have a game similar to World of Tanks playstyle but with Mechwarrior instead of Tanks.... one can dream.

On the plus side, mektek is a company legally allowed to distribute an updated version of Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, so if you want some mech action you can head here.

100% legal and licensed free from Microsoft. They got the rights to distribute right as the Mechwarrior 3015/reboot trailer you have a screenshot came out.

Lets just hope that Firefall, Old Republic, 40k, Dust 361 and whatever Destiny is end up as good games for us Sci-fi folks.

Posted: May 20th 2011 1:48AM Furdinand said

The Battletech center at Navy Pier in Chicago during the mid 90's was my introduction to serious multiplayer video games.

Posted: May 20th 2011 1:59AM ScottishViking said

*slaps Eliot on the back of the hand*

NO... NO.

*points finger at Eliot and glares*

Posted: May 20th 2011 3:10AM pcgneurotic said

Not that I'm a Perpetuum player myself, but it is apparently an mmog all about mech-like robots. http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Features

And if you're ignoring it because of the whole gambling/casino/your family is not safe thing, there are a few posts on massively that deal with all that too.

Posted: May 20th 2011 9:06AM Vegetta said

mech tease :(

I didnt much care for Perpetuem

Hawken looks interesting

But I am really waiting on the Mechwarror reboot

Posted: May 20th 2011 11:19AM Juicer said

Still waiting on a Rifts MMO, has mechs and steam punk ftw

Posted: May 20th 2011 11:20AM WheresWinPho said

I have vivid memories of walking around my house with paper towel rolls (or whatever fit) on my arms making pew pew sounds and pretending to be a MechWarrior.

Posted: May 20th 2011 2:56PM Avernus said

@ WheresWinPho
Me too, unfortunately my wife took pictures of me doing this and they got on facebook.

MMO Week in Review: QueueAge